login

Author Topic: CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes  (Read 1066 times)

Natural Sound

Re: CC WiFi-3 Internet Radio with Skytunes
« Reply #15 on: 10:42:09 | 30 August, 2021 »
I see they have no reviews yet on their website about their own new radio

They do now. But my review is mysteriously missing. As I said before, censored. I presume it has to do with the fact that my review was critical of them leaving out the media player with this release. Seems dishonest to me.

Natural Sound

« Reply #16 on: 10:49:42 | 30 August, 2021 »
By the way the CC WiFi3 is based on the Ocean Digital WR-202 which states, "UPnP / DLNA compatible streaming".

https://www.oceandigitalshop.com/wr-202

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #17 on: 23:48:10 | 30 August, 2021 »
By the way the CC WiFi3 is based on the Ocean Digital WR-202 which states, "UPnP / DLNA compatible streaming".

Not exactly. Both are versions of the King Champion 200i. King Champion were the actual makers of these radios, though not of the actual Reciva / Frontier internet modules, and have many brands as their customers. Some brands just want internet radio, some want FM as well, some want an ethernet connector, others don't etc. The 200i has been marketed by DNT, Marks and Spencer,  Vistron, CCrane, Grace Digital, Hama, Lenco, Ocean Digital, and a few others. Between them, King Champion and Hip Shing made most of the world's internet radios, be they Reciva, Frontier, SkyTunes or MediaU based.
« Last Edit: 23:24:17 | 01 September, 2021 by Dogmatix »
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

Natural Sound

« Reply #18 on: 14:36:34 | 01 September, 2021 »

Not exactly. Both are versions of the King Champion 200i. King Champion were the actual makers of these radios, though not of the actual Reciva / Frontier internet modules, and have many brands as their customers. Some brands just want internet radio, some want FM as well, some want an ethernet connector, others don't etc. The 200i has been marketed by DNT, Marks and Spencer,  Vistron, CCrane, Grace Digital, Hama, Ocean Digital, and a few others. Between them, King Champion and Hip Shing made most of the world's internet radios, be they Reciva, Frontier, SkyTunes or MediaU based.

Good information, thank you.

A. Black

« Reply #19 on: 09:46:21 | 07 September, 2021 »
When I play CFTE-AM 1410 Vancouver (BNN Bloomberg) on the CC Wifi 3 it works for about 10-20 minutes and then cuts out.  If I press its preset to reconnect it then it starts playing again but 10-20 minutes later it happens again. 

On my CC Wifi 1 and on my google mini I am able to play this station without this problem.

I don't think it is the sleep timer since the radio seems to still be on and I double checked and the sleep timer is off. Also  it does not seem to affect other stations so if it were the sleep timer it would affect them all.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
« Last Edit: 09:59:14 | 07 September, 2021 by A. Black »

A. Black

« Reply #20 on: 10:57:58 | 07 September, 2021 »
So no media player, no iHeart, no Pandora, no chromecast, no Amazon music and a limited web portal? I guess it's intended as a no frills radio for people who don't want all that.

I have a large library of podcasts and radio programs on a UPnP server that I cannot play on the CCWiFi3.

If it's ok with you to use the radio in conjunction with a smartphone then install and run vlc (free app) or other similar app on your smartphone, connect it to your UPnP server and then turn on bluetooth on your phone and radio.  This is actually more convenient in some ways than with the old CC Wifi since the selection of content is all done on your phone which has a nicer user interface and you can hold it in your hand.  I am listening to a recording streaming from my UPnP server to my CC Wifi 3 via my phone right now with that setup.
« Last Edit: 12:38:02 | 07 September, 2021 by A. Black »

A. Black

« Reply #21 on: 06:04:13 | 13 September, 2021 »
On page 8 of the CC Wifi 3 manual it states that the MODE button on the remote "selects internet radio or bluetooth" but if I am listening to a preset station and then press MODE then it just goes to the HOME screen and then if I want bluetooth I still need to arrow down to Bluetooth and press SELECT.  MODE seems pointless since there is already a HOME button

anything