Author Topic: Wave 105: Faulty stream?  (Read 1070 times)

gary777

Re: Wave 105: Faulty stream?
« Reply #30 on: 09:31:10 | 10 May, 2018 »
Just a quick update on the Bauer situation.

Heard nothing so have sent further emails to both Bauer and Reciva this morning.

The Bauer reply this afternoon said she was going to speak to the Engineer and get back to me.
I've yet to get a reply from Reciva but will update any info.

Haven't emailed Hit45s in case Reciva resolve it.

Gary

gary777

« Reply #31 on: 04:44:44 | 11 May, 2018 »
To update you all.

I had a positive response from Reciva this morning.

They are currently in contact with Bauer regarding alternative streams which do not cause this behaviour. As it stands they are waiting for a test stream from Bauer before updating their listings.
The following users thanked this post: Hugh

gary777

« Reply #32 on: 09:11:33 | 24 May, 2018 »
Reciva advised me they have now received revised stream details from Bauer.
The new streams will appear on their revised database shortly, so cannot be directly accessed at present.

If, however you access Reciva from your pc and search for the stream and play it. Copy the url (from your player) into your' My Streams' folder and it will work. Currently listening to Heat Radio this way.

An example if you search for Key103 the following address should be found in your plaver http://live-bauerdirect.sharp-stream.com/key.mp3 then try putting into my streams.

Well done Reciva!!!

Additional info - If you replace the 'key.mp3' with other names it will also work, ie wave105.mp3
« Last Edit: 09:33:26 | 24 May, 2018 by gary777 »
The following users thanked this post: Hugh, andyb1712

andyb1712

« Reply #33 on: 15:02:27 | 06 June, 2018 »
I'm still having trouble with Planet Rock on my Logik IR100.

It just sits there 'buffering 0%' after 'buffering 100%' and all I get is the odd burst of garbled sound every now and then.

I've tried reloading the streams and station from my Reciva account with no improvement.

Anyone know if this is likely to be fixed anytime soon??  :(

Paul Webster

« Reply #34 on: 03:14:58 | 07 June, 2018 »
I can repeat the issue with Planet Rock (GBJ.
Not sure what issue is for this one - it does not seem to be the chunked http issue that I saw recently.
I'll try some more diagnostics over next couple of days.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 3 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Hugh

« Reply #35 on: 03:56:44 | 07 June, 2018 »
I'm still having trouble with Planet Rock on my Logik IR100.

It just sits there 'buffering 0%' after 'buffering 100%' and all I get is the odd burst of garbled sound every now and then.

I've tried reloading the streams and station from my Reciva account with no improvement.

Anyone know if this is likely to be fixed anytime soon??  :(

Same here. Ministry of Sound MOS150 Wifi Radio.

Haven't checked other stations recently. Only ever listen to Planet Rock.

Paul Webster

« Reply #36 on: 04:24:59 | 07 June, 2018 »
Done some more digging - and the problem is the metadata (song info) that they are sending.
They appear to have the interval set to 0 ... so my guess is that the Reciva firmware gets confused by this.
It is usually a positive number - like 8000

So - easy change for the broadcaster is to change the metaint value from
icy-metaint: 0
to
icy-metaint: 8000
or similar

Possible solution for Reciva ... have flag to say that metadata should not be requested for this station.
However, if that is not already implemented in their firmware then this is not going to help.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 3 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Paul Webster

« Reply #37 on: 02:46:06 | 08 June, 2018 »
Looks like Bauer have made the change ... now shows
icy-metaint: 1024

However ... still not working on my Tangent Quattro.

When I run it through a local proxy which prevents the metadata coming through to the radio then it works fine.
So there is still something unusual going on.

gary777

« Reply #38 on: 09:15:36 | 11 June, 2018 »
I can repeat the issue with Planet Rock (GBJ.
Not sure what issue is for this one - it does not seem to be the chunked http issue that I saw recently.
I'll try some more diagnostics over next couple of days.
It's quite simple, if you look at my earlier post.

Just replace the word 'key' with the name of the Bauer radio station you want, add it to my streams and hey presto!
So just add http://live-bauerdirect.sharp-stream.com/planetrock.mp3 to My streams.
Works for most of Bauer stations.

Bauer have given Reciva these additional addresses to resolve problems with IR-100s etc.
Reciva will update their database soon, but in the meantime use the above.
Replace 'planetrock' with 'hits' 'heat' etc etc etc
« Last Edit: 09:21:47 | 11 June, 2018 by gary777 »
The following users thanked this post: andyb1712

Paul Webster

« Reply #39 on: 11:40:09 | 11 June, 2018 »
That does indeed work ... but the big question (for me) is what is the significant difference in the configuration?
It does have metadata.

andyb1712

« Reply #40 on: 03:58:03 | 12 June, 2018 »
I can confirm this method works on my Logik IR100 too.  :)

Loading the station from the Reciva listing or using either of the streams given on Planet Rock's website still doesn't but hopefully they will sort that out at some point.

Paul Webster

« Reply #41 on: 07:13:13 | 12 June, 2018 »
It should work using the Reciva station database because I changed the stream URL yesterday.
However, it might take a bit of time to circulate ... or maybe it was switched back (I have not checked).

andyb1712

« Reply #42 on: 09:35:19 | 12 June, 2018 »
I just tried switching my IR100 off at the mains and restarting it, then reselected Planet Rock from the standard station listing. No change on mine - buffers 100% then just sits silent at buffering 0%.

gary777

« Reply #43 on: 14:04:17 | 12 June, 2018 »
Loading from the Reciva database will not work until reciva update them all. In the meantime keep using  MyStreams to access and continue listening.

I understand the problem was caused by the way the station inserts advertising on connection.

I know of another station, nothing to do with Bauer that has the same problem. So if your favourite non-Bauer station just buffers away, it might be worth dropping them an e-mail asking them to contact Reciva.

Gary
The following users thanked this post: andyb1712

Paul Webster

« Reply #44 on: 14:48:33 | 19 June, 2018 »
Planet Rock is working fine now.

anything