Author Topic: Adding Podcasts To Mondo+  (Read 497 times)

jimsinoregon

Adding Podcasts To Mondo+
« on: 07:19:39 | 23 July, 2017 »
Ok, I realize that I'm dumb as a box of rocks, but I can't figure out a couple of things.  It may help to know that my point of reference is from the SqueezeBox.  Used it for years, loved it, but it's getting tired and developing some issues.  Anyway, I can Chromecast to the Mondo +, add individual podcasts to the radio (mp3's), add stations, etc., but there is two things that I can't figure out:

1.  If I try to add a podcast (so that I can listen to each daily show (such as, http://www.howstuffworks.com/podcasts/stuff-you-missed-in-history-class.rss), it shows up on the podcast menu, but doesn't play, and shows "Unknown playlist format detected".  What am I missing?

2.  Is there a way to add Pandora to the radio?  I can ChromeCast an individual station, but I'd like to just have Pandora on the radio (like the old Squeezebox).

Thanks...Jim

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Adding Podcasts To Mondo+
« Reply #1 on: 07:42:21 | 23 July, 2017 »

1.  If I try to add a podcast (so that I can listen to each daily show (such as, http://www.howstuffworks.com/podcasts/stuff-you-missed-in-history-class.rss), it shows up on the podcast menu, but doesn't play, and shows "Unknown playlist format detected".  What am I missing?

You're not missing anything.  They don't have the ability to play RSS feeds from "my podcasts."  It's pretty annoying but they say that it will be fixed with a firmware update in August.

2.  Is there a way to add Pandora to the radio?  I can ChromeCast an individual station, but I'd like to just have Pandora on the radio (like the old Squeezebox).

No, there isn't.  Apparently Pandora refused Grace's request to allow it to be integrated with the Mondo Plus.  Pandora has had problems recently with integration into various audio products in which Pandora updates break the application, such as in Denon receivers.  So Pandora apparently hopes to avoid this problem by only allowing access through Chromecast.  It is possible that Pandora might allow integration with the Mondo Plus in the future.

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

anything