Author Topic: Mondo: Stuck in Buffering / Retrying / Buffering Cycle  (Read 1417 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Mondo: Stuck in Buffering / Retrying / Buffering Cycle
« Reply #15 on: 06:34:38 | 22 August, 2017 »
Sometimes those modem-router combos supplied by the cable company aren't the best.  Add a Mondo with a flaky wi-fi dongle and you'll have trouble.  Another thing to check is what your isp is up to in the wee hours.  Maybe run a speed test to see what download speeds you're getting.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

DrGraesler

Re: Mondo: Stuck in Buffering / Retrying / Buffering Cycle
« Reply #16 on: 16:28:03 | 24 August, 2017 »
Sometimes those modem-router combos supplied by the cable company aren't the best.  Add a Mondo with a flaky wi-fi dongle and you'll have trouble.  Another thing to check is what your isp is up to in the wee hours.  Maybe run a speed test to see what download speeds you're getting.

I have some additional info to add. When the Mondo is not receiving I can still log into the internet and surf. I've discovered that the other internet radios are also unable to connect. So the problem isn't the Mondo. Trouble is I don't know what troubleshooting I can do at this point. One very expensive solution I'm considering is replacing my Apple Extreme wireless router with a Netgear Orbi Mesh Router. We're talking a large expense tho', that still may not solve the problem. I have replaced the Arris cable modem from the cable company with an new Arris unit and it didn't help. I'm reluctant to purchase a better quality cable modem since the cable company admits they don't support any modem except the one they provide.

A other important observation. When I can't receive radio stations Pandora also does not work!