Author Topic: Update info for Mondo Plus  (Read 4585 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus
« Reply #15 on: 14:38:47 | 01 December, 2017 »
Further update for Mondo + and Encore +

Hello everyone,

We have just released version 146.72. We haven’t added too many fun features as we have been working on an issue that has been plaguing us since launch.  As many of you have noticed when listening to (typically smaller) radio stations and the station has glitches our radio had a hard time recovering. After many months and many tries we believe we have finally gotten resolution with today’s build.  So please let me know how everything goes.  Now that the major bug is fix ( well at least its worked perfectly in our labs) we will move our attention to a few other items. In the meantime, the changes in the software are below.

Properly retry if we run into an "end of stream" during live playback: This is what I mention above. We believe this also fixes a no audio bug that very very few have experienced. But waiting for confirmation as we never could duplicate the bug on our radios.
    iPhone / Android apps: We have now integrated a proper sleep timer menu. You will need to update your app to see this upgrade. The new app will be available later next week. 
    iPhone / Android apps: We have now integrated a snooze alarm menu. You will need to update your app to see this upgrade. The new app will be available later next week. 
    iPhone / Android apps: We have added a folder that shows the radio’s presets for easy access.  You still can only add/change the presets directly on the radio.  We will look at adding the ability to add/change presets on the app as well but that is actually a lot of work so we will look at doing that after we optimize many other items.   
    Add factory reset via button on boot: In the event that the radio is in a very bad state where a user can’t even select the Factory reset item in the Radio settings menu . The way to force a reset is with the radio unplugged press and hold the snooze button down then plug the power into the back of the radio. Keep the snooze button down until you see factory reset on the radio. Hopefully, none of you will ever need this function but it’s now there if need be.
    Spotify connect:  We believe we have resolved the core bugs and are submitting the new software to start the approval process again with Spotify by the middle of next week.
    Podcast: We are still working on the itunes integration now that audiosear.ch closed doors… Tomorrow we will have the new podcast search on the web portal www.myradios.gracedigital.com up and integrated with iTunes.  So you can search online and save them to your radio. I’m 90% confident that podcast will be up and working correctly again by this time next week.  But we will still need to do some tweaking over time.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Regards,

Greg
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: TuneNut

Solo2

• Administrator
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus (and Encore Plus)
« Reply #16 on: 19:24:00 | 13 December, 2017 »
Further update.  Note the bass improvement for the Encore Plus:

Hello, 

We just released a new version (146.75) of software.  Over night if you are not playing your radio it will automatically update the software. If you want to manually upgrade the radio go into' radio settings' and select 'firmware upgrade'.

There are two major changes:

1) Got Podcast back working again. We just finished our migration from Audiosear.ch (since they stopped offering podcast service) to iTunes. We have some clean up work to do still but the core integration is now complete and working. So for you Podcast lovers, enjoy!

2)  We made some significant improvements in the bass response of the Encore+ that you will hear right away (sounds a ton better!). Some may even want to reduce the bass response a tad (previously there was not enough bass and the bass setting did not change the response enough) .

My favorite setting is 'bass -1' and I select the profile 'Jazz'.

I expect another release late next week to make some additional alarm improvements / GUI upgrades.

Thanks for your support!
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

« Reply #17 on: 10:42:40 | 15 December, 2017 »
-- Got Podcast back working again. --

Does this mean we can save (individual) podcasts and find them in Saved Podcasts? If so, how does one do this?

Thank you!

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 12:26:25 | 15 December, 2017 »
If what you mean is to save individual episodes of a podcast series, no, I don't think you can do that (or, if you can, I don't know how).  You can browse through the podcasts by topic or search by term and add an entire series to "my podcasts" or "saved podcasts" by clicking on the "add to favorites" button.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 15:23:47 | 23 January, 2018 »
In other news, Grace added Calm Radio to their web portal, but the Calm channels don't yet play on the radio.  Apparently once it is all properly rigged up, you'll be able to sign up for a free Calm Radio account, and get the Calm channels on the radio for free (with irritating advertisements) or set up a paid account, to listen without the ads.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 20:30:01 | 16 February, 2018 »
Further update.  This ameliorates a static electric discharge problem that was causing the radios to quit and allows for continuous volume adjustments using the infrared remote, which was an issue raised by @TuneNut :

"Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. It’s been awhile since we did a software update. We haven’t had many resources available to work on updating software and the limited resources we had were focusing on a major bug that took months to resolve.  Some customers’ (not a bunch but those who have the issue it bothers them a lot) radio’s would get into a no audio state ( like the audio was playing but mute was on) and the only way to get the audio to sound again was to unplug the radio and plug it back in.  Obviously, that’s annoying.  I hope you were not one of them that experienced that issue, but if so we have a good fix to that in this release today.

The fix does not resolve the issue completely but makes a better solution. If the no audio problem occurs, you simply change the channel, or pause the channel or put the radio into standby and back on and the audio will come back on. Less than great, but MUCH better than having to unplug the radio. ( this bug was especially bad if the radio went into mute mode when it was supposed to alarm, this update fixes that situation as well).

So the new update is 146.80.   The fixes are:

1)      Resolves the no audio issue that a small percentage of people were experiencing. We will have an additional enhanced fix to this later in Q2 where no involvement is needed.

2)      Changes the way the infra-red remote control changes volume. You currently have to push the volume up / down button for each incremental increase. Now you can just press and hold the button and the volume will go up / down.

Now that we are done with the no audio issue we can go back to other initiatives such as:

- Provide another release to Spotify for Spotify connect approval

- Adding Amazon music

- and a bunch of other more fun stuff (instead of boring bug fixes) . I will let you know what we add as it occurs.   

I anticipate a new release in 2-3 weeks.

Regards,

Greg"

TuneNut

« Reply #21 on: 08:08:07 | 17 February, 2018 »
Wonderful! The remote volume control now works as you described. Makes life easier :)

Just FYI, when I read the news about the update, it had not yet self-installed. I didn't want to wait so installed it. Not sure if it's just my radio, but near the end of the installation, it made a lot of very loud hissing noises. I hit the on/off button, and that stopped the hissing. Radio plays fine, remote works a treat. Thanks.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 08:23:23 | 17 February, 2018 »
 Yes,  mine hissed too and scared the dog.

highaltitudes

« Reply #23 on: 10:42:03 | 18 February, 2018 »
Both my Encore+ and Mondo+ did the update and now keep wanting to shut off Sirius.  ?   

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 11:21:50 | 18 February, 2018 »
I hadn't heard of that before.  I know they were thinking of rolling back the update

highaltitudes

« Reply #25 on: 11:38:59 | 18 February, 2018 »
The built in Sirius has a thing that will ask you every 3 hours or so if you're still listening.   But this isn't that.  I now get a message "Your Sirius Account was logged onto another device" and youre only allowed one logon at a time (for obvious reasons) and it'll shut me down, even though I'm using a whole new account I haven't shared with anyone.   I can immediately get back in though.  Weird.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 13:01:22 | 18 February, 2018 »
No idea. I don't have a Sirius account. Maybe call Grace when they're open.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 14:54:39 | 22 February, 2018 »
Grace rolled-back the last update because it was sort of a hissing mess. ( @TuneNut , you may not want to do another update as it will also roll back the continuous volume adjustment on the remote).

Hi everyone,

Well, we found too many issues with the last version of software. This new version basically reverts all the changes back to the previous software even though it has a new higher number (we could not just revert back to old software so we had to create a new build with a higher number so the auto software mechanism would work). We anticipate to launch a new version next week which fixes the no mute issue without introducing the new bugs.   

New version 146.81

Regards,

Greg

TuneNut

« Reply #28 on: 19:35:20 | 22 February, 2018 »
Hopefully the infra-red remote control fix can be done again so that to change volume, you just press and hold the button and the volume will go up / down. :)

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 22:25:08 | 22 February, 2018 »
Hopefully the infra-red remote control fix can be done again so that to change volume, you just press and hold the button and the volume will go up / down. :)

That's the plan I guess.   Two steps forward, one step back

anything