Author Topic: Update info for Mondo Plus  (Read 637 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 62.0.3202.94 Chrome 62.0.3202.94
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus
« Reply #15 on: 14:38:47 | 01 December, 2017 »
Further update for Mondo + and Encore +

Hello everyone,

We have just released version 146.72. We haven’t added too many fun features as we have been working on an issue that has been plaguing us since launch.  As many of you have noticed when listening to (typically smaller) radio stations and the station has glitches our radio had a hard time recovering. After many months and many tries we believe we have finally gotten resolution with today’s build.  So please let me know how everything goes.  Now that the major bug is fix ( well at least its worked perfectly in our labs) we will move our attention to a few other items. In the meantime, the changes in the software are below.

Properly retry if we run into an "end of stream" during live playback: This is what I mention above. We believe this also fixes a no audio bug that very very few have experienced. But waiting for confirmation as we never could duplicate the bug on our radios.
    iPhone / Android apps: We have now integrated a proper sleep timer menu. You will need to update your app to see this upgrade. The new app will be available later next week. 
    iPhone / Android apps: We have now integrated a snooze alarm menu. You will need to update your app to see this upgrade. The new app will be available later next week. 
    iPhone / Android apps: We have added a folder that shows the radio’s presets for easy access.  You still can only add/change the presets directly on the radio.  We will look at adding the ability to add/change presets on the app as well but that is actually a lot of work so we will look at doing that after we optimize many other items.   
    Add factory reset via button on boot: In the event that the radio is in a very bad state where a user can’t even select the Factory reset item in the Radio settings menu . The way to force a reset is with the radio unplugged press and hold the snooze button down then plug the power into the back of the radio. Keep the snooze button down until you see factory reset on the radio. Hopefully, none of you will ever need this function but it’s now there if need be.
    Spotify connect:  We believe we have resolved the core bugs and are submitting the new software to start the approval process again with Spotify by the middle of next week.
    Podcast: We are still working on the itunes integration now that audiosear.ch closed doors… Tomorrow we will have the new podcast search on the web portal www.myradios.gracedigital.com up and integrated with iTunes.  So you can search online and save them to your radio. I’m 90% confident that podcast will be up and working correctly again by this time next week.  But we will still need to do some tweaking over time.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Regards,

Greg
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: TuneNut

Solo2

• Administrator
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 62.0.3202.94 Chrome 62.0.3202.94
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus (and Encore Plus)
« Reply #16 on: 19:24:00 | 13 December, 2017 »
Further update.  Note the bass improvement for the Encore Plus:

Hello, 

We just released a new version (146.75) of software.  Over night if you are not playing your radio it will automatically update the software. If you want to manually upgrade the radio go into' radio settings' and select 'firmware upgrade'.

There are two major changes:

1) Got Podcast back working again. We just finished our migration from Audiosear.ch (since they stopped offering podcast service) to iTunes. We have some clean up work to do still but the core integration is now complete and working. So for you Podcast lovers, enjoy!

2)  We made some significant improvements in the bass response of the Encore+ that you will hear right away (sounds a ton better!). Some may even want to reduce the bass response a tad (previously there was not enough bass and the bass setting did not change the response enough) .

My favorite setting is 'bass -1' and I select the profile 'Jazz'.

I expect another release late next week to make some additional alarm improvements / GUI upgrades.

Thanks for your support!
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

• Browser:
  • Chrome 52.0.2743.116 Chrome 52.0.2743.116
« Reply #17 on: 10:42:40 | 15 December, 2017 »
-- Got Podcast back working again. --

Does this mean we can save (individual) podcasts and find them in Saved Podcasts? If so, how does one do this?

Thank you!

Solo2

• Administrator
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84 Chrome 63.0.3239.84
« Reply #18 on: 12:26:25 | 15 December, 2017 »
If what you mean is to save individual episodes of a podcast series, no, I don't think you can do that (or, if you can, I don't know how).  You can browse through the podcasts by topic or search by term and add an entire series to "my podcasts" or "saved podcasts" by clicking on the "add to favorites" button.
The following users thanked this post: TuneNut