Author Topic: How do you download and play podcasts (Mondo and/or Mondo+)  (Read 534 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: How do you download and play podcasts (Mondo and/or Mondo+)
« Reply #15 on: 17:12:03 | 20 October, 2017 »
See the black bar at the bottom of the display with the following symbols in white?

<<        >ll     >>

The symbol << means  " play previous episode."  >ll means "play/pause."   >> means "play next episode."

You press the plastic buttons underneath where these symbols appear on the display to perform the applicable function.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: TuneNut

TuneNut

« Reply #16 on: 18:12:23 | 20 October, 2017 »
See the black bar at the bottom of the display with the following symbols in white?

<<        >ll     >>

The symbol << means  " play previous episode."  >ll means "play/pause."   >> means "play next episode."

You press the plastic buttons underneath where these symbols appear on the display to perform the applicable function.

I see those on our Mondo radio but not on the Mondo Plus. I've been talking about the Mondo Plus. Unfortunately, the Mondo keeps constantly buffering in the room where I want to listen to podcasts.

On the Mondo Plus remote there are buttons similar to the three you described, but they don't work with podcasts.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 22:21:00 | 20 October, 2017 »
On the old Mondo, those symbols appear on actual plastic buttons and are used to control Pandora.  On the Mondo Plus, those symbols appear on the display (not on plastic buttons) and pause/play podcasts and skip from episode to episode, either forward or back.  If you're not seeing those symbols in the display on the Mondo Plus then perhaps you don't have the most recent update.  Use "check for updates" in the settings to make sure you have the most recent firmware.  The symbols do work with podcasts to play or pause or to skip from episode to episode on the Mondo Plus when pressing the plastic button below where those symbols appear on the display.  I just checked with a random podcast I picked off of audiosear.ch and pressing the plastic buttons below the display did successfully pause the podcast and allowed me to play the previous and next podcast in the series.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

TuneNut

« Reply #18 on: 09:50:52 | 21 October, 2017 »
...  On the Mondo Plus, those symbols appear on the display (not on plastic buttons) and pause/play podcasts and skip from episode to episode, either forward or back.  If you're not seeing those symbols in the display on the Mondo Plus then perhaps you don't have the most recent update.  Use "check for updates" in the settings to make sure you have the most recent firmware.  The symbols do work with podcasts to play or pause or to skip from episode to episode on the Mondo Plus when pressing the plastic button below where those symbols appear on the display. ...

Mine did need a Firmware Update (thanks!) which I installed, but there are still no symbols on the display  :(  and the only button that does anything is the center one which takes me back to my history.

Also, the firmware update removed my podcasts from My Stuff | My Podcasts. I suppose I should I go to https://myradiosplus.gracedigital.com/admin/favorites?type=podcasts and add them again there.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 11:36:41 | 21 October, 2017 »
Well, re-add your podcasts, then play one, and then see if you see the <<   >ll   >> symbols on the display.  They show up for me when I play the France Culture podcasts.  If it's not happening for you, maybe your best bet is to contact Grace's support line and let them talk you through it.

TuneNut

« Reply #20 on: 12:17:46 | 21 October, 2017 »
I played one that was in History and the symbols were not visible. I re-downloaded the podcast, and now the symbols are visible and functioning! Really happy about that!!  :)

For the RSS feed for the podcast in question, this link lists many different podcasts http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_11921.xml

Last time I used that link and a long list of podcasts was accessible. That's fine, but I'm also curious to know if one can download an individual podcast and save it in My Podcasts or else Saved Podcasts. If so, how would you do that?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 12:39:00 | 21 October, 2017 by TuneNut »

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 16:04:16 | 21 October, 2017 »
I don't think the radio would recognize the url for an individual podcast episode as a playable podcast.  The radio is set up to play a series of podcast episodes. You could, I suppose, go to http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_11921.xml on your computer and then copy and paste the url for a single episode, (for example this one from October 18) -- http://rf.proxycast.org/1356995404893265920/11921-18.10.2017-ITEMA_21467218-0.mp3  -- to a thumb drive, then plug the thumb drive into the radio, and play it using "media player" then "usb," but why you'd want to bother to do all that is beyond me when you can simply scroll to whatever episode in the series you want to listen to directly from "my podcasts" or "saved podcasts."