Author Topic: Sangean WFR-28 Access Code(s)  (Read 265 times)

jimform2k1

Sangean WFR-28 Access Code(s)
« on: 05:05:46 | 21 January, 2018 »
Hello,

I can get an access code from the radio, register at wifiradio-frontier.com and add favourites but what happens if I do a factory reset?  Will I lose my FS favs because the radio generated a new access code?

Thanks

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
Re: Sangean WFR-28 Access Code(s)
« Reply #1 on: 05:24:06 | 21 January, 2018 »
No. You'll be fine. You will probably lose your device pre-sets though.
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

jimform2k1

« Reply #2 on: 06:09:56 | 21 January, 2018 »
ok.  If the access code is different after a reset (or even  the next time I turn on the radio?), how does the FS site 'talk' to my radio with my added favs?

Thanks again.

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: 06:54:00 | 21 January, 2018 »
It is my understanding that (like with Reciva) the access code is generated to identify the radio when registering it to the user's account. Once this is done, the radio remains registered to the account, even after a factory reset; it does not have to be registered again. Further communication between the radio and your account does not use the access code.

The code is generated by some algorithm based on certain variable factors probably including time and date, and therefore it is not the same every time you generate it.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Alan E Hill

• Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
« Reply #4 on: 21:12:47 | 21 January, 2018 »
I think after first registration the device is recognised by its ODIN (Open Device Identification Number), or something similar.

Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us