login

Author Topic: Revo Sale  (Read 11554 times)

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
Re: Revo Sale
« Reply #30 on: 09:02:41 | 10 November, 2016 »
I can't get "Choral Evensong" to work, not just on my Pixis but also on other FS radios, but other podcasts I have tried are OK. Frontier seems to have had problems with servers over the last few days, but it appears to be fixed now.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

RufusA

« Reply #31 on: 03:29:20 | 26 December, 2016 »
Looks like Revo are running another sale event!

http://revo.co.uk/winter-sale/

Now the new firmware has been out for a few months what's the concensus of opinion on using the PiXiS RX (or other SF based devices) as a BBC Listen Again catch up device.

How many more programmes does it have vs podcasts and can you pause, rwd/ffwd etc.

Finally any issues using it as a bedside device i.e. bright undimmable lights or background buzz at low volumes? I presume it supports multiple repeating alarms to wake on radio!

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
« Reply #32 on: 04:42:04 | 26 December, 2016 »
Now the new firmware has been out for a few months what's the concensus of opinion on using the PiXiS RX (or other SF based devices) as a BBC Listen Again catch up device.

How many more programmes does it have vs podcasts and can you pause, rwd/ffwd etc.

Finally any issues using it as a bedside device i.e. bright undimmable lights or background buzz at low volumes? I presume it supports multiple repeating alarms to wake on radio!

BBC podcasts are available, but as mentioned in an earlier post this is not strictly the same as the old Listen Again service on Reciva devices. If the programme you want to listen to is not available as a podcast you can't listen to it so if you're thinking of Listen Again access "iPlayer style" then this device doesn't do it. I find that "loading" a podcast can take a surprisingly long time, sometimes almost a minute. (I have fibre broadband which supports iPlayer on my TV so BB speed is not a problem.)
Podcasts can be paused, fast-forwarded and rewound at 4x speed.
According to the settings menu two alarms are available (I don't use this facility myself). The menu also provides for adjustment to the backlight.
ANOTHERBOB  
Squeezebox Touch. Squeezebox Radio. REVO Pixis RX. Monitor Audio Airstream 10. Auna IR-160. Soundmaster IR3000DAB

RufusA

« Reply #33 on: 14:16:15 | 30 December, 2016 »
Thanks @anotherbob looks like its not quite the perfect device. Back to drawing board for me!

Rufus.