login

Author Topic: List of radio stations no longer availavle on internet radio's  (Read 511 times)

pruyter

Since yesterday I discovered that it is not longer possible to acces the international list of radio stations and this happens with all 3 of my internet radio's. When I push the  Selection button on the radio and push then on Location I get the choice "only internet" or "All". When I  push on "All" the choice is going back to "Only internet". This happens with two of my radio's
On the third radio (Hama) I get only 14 Dutch stations onder which some I have never heard of but a popular station like SKy Radio is not listed at all.
I don't know when this situation started but I am sure this was not the case in July 2020 when I bought my Hama internet radio.
In the meantime I have heard from others with the same problem.
Is there somebody who can explain what is going on? After all this internet radio's are sold whith the promise of access to thousands of radio station all over the world which is not the case right now.
Any help how to restore the former situation is much appreciated!
Best regards,

Peter Ruyter

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
Re: List of radio stations no longer availavle on internet radio's
« Reply #1 on: 04:39:43 | 03 July, 2021 »
What models are your radios? Are they all Hama?

Can you still search for stations by name? For example, try searching for "Serenade".

It sounds like your radios might be Recvia-based. if so, your problem is because Reciva is shutting down - originally in January this year, then in May, now apparently this month sometime.

« Last Edit: 04:43:03 | 03 July, 2021 by Dogmatix »
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

EastEriq

pruyter

« Reply #3 on: 05:58:14 | 06 July, 2021 »
A reply to Dogmatix: my radio's are Zolid, DNT and Hama.
I haven't tried to search a station by using their names, I will do that later on.
In the meantime I have understood that it only possible to access radio stations after having paid 3 US dollars a year to a service like Vtuner. It seems that the future is paying for getting access to radio stations no matter what type or brand of radio one owns.
That being said as at what you can call a person who is not exactly comfortable with ICT issues I have no idea how to realize this, meaning paying and getting access.

Dogmatix

• Origin England; resident in Germany.
« Reply #4 on: 06:27:42 | 06 July, 2021 »
A reply to Dogmatix: my radio's are Zolid, DNT and Hama.

The Zolid is not Reciva-based, but Frontier Silicon-based.
DNT (no longer existing) and Hama both previously sold Reciva based and then Frontier-based radios. I do not know which your radios are.

The Reciva service is closing down (possibly this month). Exactly how, if at all, Reciva radios will work after that is not yet known for certain.

Frontier changed the radio stations database from vTuner to Airable a couple of years ago. Radios should have received software changes to point them to the new database provider. The change was because vTuner wanted to charge Frontier for use of their database. As far as I remember, the notion of asking users to pay $3 a year was not realised.

Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2), Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2100, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520. No smart speakers, no voice-control gadgets.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #5 on: 07:46:13 | 06 July, 2021 »
[ As far as I remember, the notion of asking users to pay $3 a year was not realised.

Very tangentially, it was.  Yamaha, for example, was unable to switch internet radio service on some of its older receivers from vTuner to Airable, for some reason.  I happened to own one of these receivers and still diligently fork over my $3 annually to vTuner.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

starramus

« Reply #6 on: 10:32:58 | 09 July, 2021 »
"originally in January this year, then in May, now apparently this month sometime." Apparently that sometime was yesterday July 8th. My decapitated Encore is no more. Verification from others?

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 11:11:12 | 09 July, 2021 »
Grace Mondo and microsystem still playing like champs.  Supposedly these are the models to be euthanized at the very end of days.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: Baldman

bob12564

« Reply #8 on: 06:12:22 | 10 July, 2021 »
Both my Encore and Mondo are working normally.
The following users thanked this post: Baldman, starramus

Phycks

« Reply #9 on: 09:46:57 | 10 July, 2021 »
On Saturday 10 July 2021, my two Crane CCWiFi sets seem to be working as well as they have in recent months. 

[They've had some decline over the two or three years since I first bought them.   For instance, there used to be three or four Cuban stations (RHC, R Rebelde, R Progreso, perhaps another) but only something suspiciously non-Cuban, called "Rock Antenne Melodic Rock" is there now.]
The following users thanked this post: starramus

pruyter

« Reply #10 on: 05:40:49 | 12 July, 2021 »
This website was some time unaccessible for me hence my late reaction to the comment of Dogmatix.
My Zodid radio has always been Receive based!
My Hama radio is Frontier Silicon based and I bought it about one year ago and it all radio stations ware always accesible, I don't know when this actually stopped. I did not receive a software update announcement. So I guess I have always had Airable as the conected database. That being said: why do I not get access to this database?

pruyter

« Reply #11 on: 06:46:32 | 13 July, 2021 »
I don't know what is happening with this website it is about impossible to access and to my surprise I got access now.
The problems with my Hama radio are fixed now!
So now it only my Zolid radio that can't get access to the database with radio stations. I has always had access to Receive but not any more. Is there a solution or is it just dump the radio in the dustbin?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 08:24:19 | 13 July, 2021 »
Well, Reciva's not making a comeback.  If you can find a chromecast audio, I'd connect it to the Aux-in and give it a second life.  Or use a bluetooth adapter.  You can also see various other more technical options on this website.

anything