Author Topic: "Just A Minute Radio" going off-air for a while due to relocation  (Read 335 times)

Dogmatix

"Just A Minute Radio" have posted the following on their Facebook page (The JAMmer - decades of Just A Minute):

SCHEDULED SERVER DOWNTIME:

I'm sorry for this short notice, but the server will be down from this Thursday at noon (central European time) and for an unknown amount of days - possibly even weeks.

The reason is that there is currently no Internet connection (yet) where I am currently living. The server is standing in my old flat. That flat is now sold (finally...) and the new owners are taking over Thursday afternoon. This means no more hosting location as from that day on.

A fast and solid fiber connection is ordered for my new address, but it requires that actual physical fiber line is laid out and dug down into the ground up until my house. This work was estimated to start in late October/early November. Let's hope there's no delay.

Sorry for this, but I'll keep you posted as news arrive on the progress.

Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Ben H

Re: "Just A Minute Radio" going off-air for a while due to relocation
« Reply #1 on: 05:34:51 | 24 October, 2017 »
So... just a brief hesitation then....
Radios: Reciva - Logik IR100, dnt IPdio Tune, Tevion: SkyTC - Disgo & Xenta: vTuner - Freeview MusicPal & Pioneer VSX-923: Frontier - Clarus MusicBox, Oxx Classic V, Sandstrøm SDABXIR13:  Logitech Squeezebox Touch/Radio: Roku

daddypete

« Reply #2 on: 14:40:52 | 28 October, 2017 »
Thanks for the info. I do enjoy JAM radio as some of the old ones really take me back to the days when I would listen to them in my work van at lunch times with a small transistor radio clipped behind a bracket on the dash board. We had no fitted radios in those days and work didn't like us to fit them ourselves. How times have changed!

Dogmatix

"Just A Minute Radio": "It's up!"
« Reply #3 on: 04:41:11 | 17 February, 2018 »
"It's up!" is the message on the JAM Facebook page, and indeed, it is!
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
« Reply #4 on: 05:46:18 | 17 February, 2018 »
Yay!
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

ShortWave Dave

« Reply #5 on: 10:16:57 | 18 February, 2018 »
I used to listen to this program in the US on shortwave decades ago. Sounded familiar right away, except the signal fade and electrical storm noise was missing. Perhaps I can add that back in  with an app? :)
I added it to my Encore + favorites list. Thanks.
Dave

anything