Author Topic: Rotel RDG-1520 and Grace/Reciva  (Read 338 times)

jpausik

Rotel RDG-1520 and Grace/Reciva
« on: 09:36:43 | 09 October, 2017 »
Device does not stay connected to internet radio for more than several minute before dropping and cycling back through command screen.  Happens with internet radio stations and My Stuff connected via Grace/Reciva.  Software was updated by Rotel along with a factory reset.  Any experience with this problem?

BobShanghai

Re: Rotel RDG-1520 and Grace/Reciva
« Reply #1 on: 23:33:27 | 23 December, 2017 »
I had a problem with my RDG when I moved it from my home in Shanghai to my home in UK.

After installing in UK, it would work fine for some minutes and then the screen would go blank, then do a full restart. I thought that maybe it had been damaged in transit.

But, I did a bit of head scratching and compared the settings of the router in China (an Asus AC66) and the one in UK (an Asus AC88). I found that the China one had "enable jumbo frames" turned off, while the one in UK was turned on. Turned off "enable jumbo frames" in the UK router and the Rotel box started performing normally - no blank screen and no random restarts. The problem was happening both using wifi or hardwired Ethernet connection.

Strangely though, I turned "enable jumbo frames" back on, expecting the Rotel box to start failing again, but it continued working normally - and has done for the last 6 months or so.

I can't explain this, but toggling this setting in the router seems to have fixed it.

In Asus (Merlin firmware) "enable jumbo frames" is located in LAN -> Switch Control.