Author Topic: Many of my podcasts don't work  (Read 1030 times)

Dogmatix

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 45.0 Firefox 45.0
Re: Many of my podcasts don't work
« Reply #15 on: 08:00:37 | 20 March, 2017 »
[Sadly, it is pretty much the case in the USA.
[has a quick look in US versions of Amazon & Ebay] Hmmm, I see what you mean. Amazon have the Pixis RX for $200, and the Sangeans are there, too. Otherwise, not many Frontier-based radios there. Perhaps, because there are not that many international listeners in the US (present company excepted), there's just not much call for internet radios, as streaming services like Spotify are present in other devices. Or maybe inport duties are just too high.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010 & DIR3100. See 'Small Ads' section for Reciva radios for sale.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.87 Chrome 56.0.2924.87
« Reply #16 on: 09:07:10 | 20 March, 2017 »
I guess if I were a British ex-pat here, I might spring for the Revo Pixis, even though it looks like it might topple over backwards and I'd be paying for useless DAB/DAB+.  But we're drifting off-thread.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

bob12564

• Linux (Ubuntu) Linux (Ubuntu)
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 52.0 Firefox 52.0
« Reply #17 on: 11:56:09 | 20 March, 2017 »
Good news!

I just received a reply from WBUR:

"You are correct in saying that, even though the feed responds to non-SSL http:// requests, the underlying audio is still being served over SSL.

Unfortunately we don’t have a non-ssl version of the feed, but it is something we are working on.  Unfortunately our hands were tied as NPR required our feeds to be https so we had to fast track that code and haven’t had time to get a non-SSL version working.

But your feedback has been heard. We will hopefully have a non-SSL version available in the coming months but I cannot give you an exact date."

This is a step in the right direction.  Reciva radio owners apparently do matter.

I echo he comments of Solo2.  Grace Digital is the only game in the US other than the Sangean portable.  The others are European brands and I think the only brand available in the US is the Como but it is very expensive.