Author Topic: How to get Spotify without a phone?  (Read 1658 times)

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
How to get Spotify without a phone?
« on: 09:31:19 | 09 January, 2017 »
My son has a problem..... his daughter!
To cut to the chase, is there a way for him to allow her access to Spotify Premium in her room WITHOUT allowing access to social media (Snapchat in particular).
Up till now she has been using an Android phone connected by Bluetooth to her Hi-Fi, however it is now necessary to keep her off social media without denying her access to her Spotify account. Any suggestions gratefully received.
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIOS...... Bush TR2015. 2x Ministry of Sound MOSAC150. AVOX Indio Color.
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: How to get Spotify without a phone?
« Reply #1 on: 09:52:12 | 09 January, 2017 »
Your son can set up an account for her on the phone and designate what apps she can see (such as Spotify) and not authorize access to any other apps.  Use passwords to restrict access to any other accounts.  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/parental-control-on-android-image-3461359/
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

anotherbob

« Reply #2 on: 10:22:57 | 09 January, 2017 »
Your son can set up an account for her on the phone and designate what apps she can see (such as Spotify) and not authorize access to any other apps.  Use passwords to restrict access to any other accounts.  http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/parental-control-on-android-image-3461359/
Many thanks for this.
I'll need to check the version of Android on her phone. I would be fearful that there might be geeks among her schoolmates who could find a way round this.
I wonder if Castalla might have a way that Logitech Media Server might offer a solution?
« Last Edit: 10:35:16 | 09 January, 2017 by anotherbob »
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIOS...... Bush TR2015. 2x Ministry of Sound MOSAC150. AVOX Indio Color.
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
« Reply #3 on: 11:34:45 | 09 January, 2017 »
Amazon Dot could do this ... you'd need a BT speaker and run the account on your phone which would control all access.

See? I've become a fan ;)
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 13:21:19 | 09 January, 2017 »
Yep, you can get Spotify on LMS using an app or plugin.  Haven't tried it myself.

I think Paul Webster uses it ....
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com

anotherbob

« Reply #5 on: 09:49:21 | 11 January, 2017 »
My thanks for all responses.
A fortuitous temporary solution has come via an old HTC tablet using an early version of Android which is compatible with Spotify but not with Snapchat.
I give thanks that I was blessed with sons, and at a time when "social media" involved either speaking to people or writing a letter.
ANOTHERBOB  

anything