Author Topic: Update info for Mondo Plus  (Read 147 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 60.0.3112.90 Chrome 60.0.3112.90
Update info for Mondo Plus
« on: 14:39:31 | 16 August, 2017 »
There's a new firmware update available for the Mondo Plus.  I can vouch for its fixing My Podcasts to allow users to add RSS feeds.  Also, the Android remote is now fixed so it's possible to use it to search by location and genre beyond Antigua, Albania and Australia.  My iOS app still crashes using iOS version 9.3.5.

Here's the skinny:

"Hi everyone, your radio has a new software available.  See the changes below.

The way the software upgrade works is:

1)      It will check 1 time a day between 10 and 5pm (local time). And if it sees an update it will download the software in the background but it will not upgrade the radio until you are not playing music after 10 minutes.  So I was wrong above. You can listen to music 7 days a week between 10 and 5pm and you absolutely will get the software… then the radio will go through its ( less than elegant) software update procedure after you have your radio in standby or just not playing and music and on after 10 minutes.

2)      We also have the option to do a force update. What that does is when your radio randomly checks between 10 – 5pm and sees a software it will immediately start downloading then once downloaded it will immediately stop playing and upgrade your radio i.e. it will interfere with your music listening.

However, the auto update mechanism broke in the last version of software (we will fix it in the next release later this week or early next week),  so at this point in time you need to go into the radio setting menu and select firmware update (we do have a way to force the update that we will do to the general population, but I thought I would let you all know that you can just go update your radio now as the force update could look like the radio is crashing to someone not knowing what’s happening, so we will wait a week or so before we do a force update to get everyone on the latest version).

Version: 146.41 changes:

Internet Radio: When using our iPhone and Android apps the Country and states were not showing up correctly. You can now search for stations on the app.
        Internet Radio /and Web portal: Implement saving RSS feeds on the web site and new MyStuff folder handling (more on this below)
        Podcasts: Enable prev / next for podcast service
        Podcasts: Fix playing from podcasts search results
        UI: Abbreviate day and month in date string ( longer months aren’t showing up correctly on the display). However, the guys made a mistake when they changed it. We will modify it again in the next release to add the year.
        UI: Rename battery saving menu

Changed the menu item names:
            1) Power Management to:
                Increase Battery Life
            2) Network Standby Power Mode to:
                Turn Wi-Fi off in Standby

For those who have a battery in their Mondo+

The “Increase battery Life’ option will turn your Wi-Fi stick off when you go into standby (only if you have a battery installed). Also when you go into standby you should turn the large select knob to the left to turn the display off as that uses a ton of battery. Note when you turn the radio back on it will not quickly play the last stations like it does normally. It will first have to reconnect to Wi-Fi, so it’s a much slower start up.  If you want the radio to go into a real deep sleep when not using it and not plugged into power you can press and hold the power button for about 5-6 seconds until the display turns off .. then you can leave the M+ not plugged in for many days with very little battery drain.

New My stuff option on the portal

We created a new menu tree on the portal. This basic tree implementation will allow us to add the ability ( in a couple weeks) to drag and drop items between folders and for end users to create sub folders (we are still debugging this so had to turn this feature off for this release).

Also you can now click on the add audiosear.ch podcast button on the portal and save a podcast show. Then when you go into your audiosear.ch folder on your radio you will see each show that you saved, then when you click on the show it will come back and show you all the resulting episodes.   We are still working on optimizing this functionality as its not working perfectly on all the different 10’s of thousands of shows but we will fine tune that over the weeks to come.

One item we will be adding shortly too is we will change the icons the radio shows in my stuff. It will show a folder icon if it’s a folder to delineate between folder’s and stations ( this will be very usefull once we turn on the ability to create custom folders).

In other news

Spotify

We were able to fix the final Spotify software bug. So we will redo the Spotify self-test next week (our head of DA and testing has been in Asia) .  Spotify already has our radios so we just need to send them the results later this week then they will schedule a test window for the Mondo+ to go through their internal testing. (probably still 6-8 weeks before approved)

As a reminder Spotify Connect requires Spotify premium (pay service) .  Also Spotify connect is similar to Chromecast which you can already use to cast Spotify (free or premium). The main differences for Spotify Connect and Chromecast (from my point of view) is that with Spotify connect you can save Spotify playlists and stations to a preset.

Since use can save Spotify Connect to presets that also means you can use them for alarms.

You can also skip songs and go back to previous songs but you were able to do that with Chromecast as well already.

Radionomy

We continue to review options with Radionomy to get these stations back up."

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 60.0.3112.113 Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus
« Reply #1 on: 14:35:49 | 30 August, 2017 »
Further firmware update:

EDIT:  the best news:. They fixed the iOS app!

Hello everyone,

We have just released a New version of software (146.49) with the following changes:

UI: Moved Equalizer feature off home screen and moved into radio settings and replaced it with the alarm allowing quicker access to modifying all alarms (of course you can still modify 1 alarm when the radio is in standby by pressing the home button).
    UI: Add year to date string on Now playing, standby, and alternative inactive display screens
    UI: Added music note and folder icons for items in your my stuff menu and various locations
    UI: Fix disappearing stop soft key in certain circumstances
    UI: Remove icon when showing "empty" string in empty folder
    UI: Remove unnecessary additional level to select a Firmware Update
    UI: Show New SW version pop up message after successful background update.
    UI: Show folder icon for all folders and new note icon if the selection is a playing item ( podcast,station etc)
    Alarm: Fix various snooze bugs
    Bluetooth: Fixed playback when switching to sleep timer mode
    Defconfig: Fixed black square on screen in upper left hand corner in various situations (mainly after factory reset)
    Firmware Update: Fix silent update mechanism (your radio is not currently upgrading in the background when new software is released. It is supposed to due to our agreement with google. This function is now fixed.)
    Buffering: fixed a buffer bug that caused periodic 1 second audio stopping on networks or stations with congestion.. however, we still have more fixes in this area that we are working on.
    Wi-Fi: When you scan for networks now the network with the strongest signal will be the first selection.
    Stations search: removed the need to select a genre as the last step when doing a search by location
    Web portal: Added ability to modify URL’s/ names for My podcast/ My streams etc.
    Bluetooth: improved reconnect to the last Bluetooth device function
    Remote apps: updated iphone and Android apps : general bug fixes and support for some older operating systems that were not available on the initial release.

To see what is in all past releases please see: https://support.gracedigital.com/hc/en-us.  You can also see the modified manual showing the above and other new features here: https://support.gracedigital.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001382274-Mondo-user-guide

That manual shows information about Spotify but we are still not approved yet, so ignore that section but I wanted to get the manual updated for the pending release.

Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps
The following users thanked this post: ShortWave Dave

Solo2

• Administrator
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 60.0.3112.113 Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Re: Update info for Mondo Plus
« Reply #2 on: 13:48:13 | 12 September, 2017 »
Latest update for Mondo Plus:

9-12-17

Version number is 146.54. Changes:

Alarm: Fix wrong postponed time calculation
Alarm: Clear snoozed alarm if original alarm setting is removed or disabled
Alarm: Clear the repeat value when snoozing alarms
Headset: Fixed audio issues mainly caused if headset were plugged in during power or factory reset.
meta-gracedigital: add init-iw-reg to initialize Wi-Fi regulatory domain (this will fix some rare wi-fi connectivity issues)
Updates to the web portal

Added integration with SHOUTcast and Live365.  So now when you do a station search you can search our database, SHOUTcast or Live365 and save them to the my stations folder.  We will add both of these services into the radio’s music services folder in the coming months.
You can also create custom folders as well as move stations between folders (we don’t support drag and drop so if you want to move an entry to a new folder you will need to select edit.)
 Radionomy update

Radionomy gave us an official update that they are not allowing internet radios (mondo+) to play their stations, only iTunes and their custom apps.   In the meantime, if you select stations from either SHOUTcast or the Grace station database you will get their annoying messaging indicating the stations won’t play.  However, Radionomy indicted to me that sometime in November they will create the ability for us ( and others of course) to easily decipher which stations in the SHOUTcast directory are Radiononmy, then we can delete them from both SHOUTcast searches as well as searches in the Grace database.

Pandora update

Pandora officially will not allow us to integrate their service into our radios. They only allow it via Chromecast built-in.  We have not given up but it seems highly unlikely.

Amazon Music Update

The core software is approved by Amazon. However, we are still a couple months away from them to approve based on their response last week (they are just severely backlogged).

Spotify connect Update

We finally fixed all our bugs.   Spotify has our radios in their labs and has the special software we made that has Spotify connect on it. We are just waiting to hear back from them.  It’s an automated process so we don’t have anyone I can really talk to… so it’s just a waiting game for them to respond to us.

As a reminder you of course can now use Spotify via Chromecast built-in.  Also when we add Spotify Connect it will not allow a full feature set, Spotify connect is just a subset of their features (Spotify defines the feature set, not us) but will allow the ability to save channels / line ups  etc as presets and to skip and pause stations directly on the radio.  And anything saved on the presets can be used for an alarm.

Note that Spotify connect requires a paid Spotify premium account.  So if you prefer to only use the free service then you will have to continue to use Spotify via Chromecast built-in as that feature will not go away.