Author Topic: Need firmware for Grace GDI-IRC6000W  (Read 286 times)

Alex

Need firmware for Grace GDI-IRC6000W
« on: 07:03:24 | 27 March, 2018 »
Looking for firmware v266-a-113-a-613 for GDI-IRC6000W.
I ask help.

drgeoff

Re: Need firmware for Grace GDI-IRC6000W
« Reply #1 on: 13:15:34 | 27 March, 2018 »
I think your chances of getting that firmware are extremely small.  Reciva firmwares cannot be usefully downloaded from Reciva servers to anything other than a working Reciva radio because the download is encrypted and requires a secret key in the radio to decrypt it before it is written to the flash memory chip.  The radios have nothing in the user interface to dump out the firmware.

Radios with firmware versions up to and including v257 can be Sharpfinned - a mild "hack" which among other things provides a telnet server by which commands can be sent to the Linux operating system.  By that means it is possible to dump the contents of the flash memory chip.  And it is possible to temporarily connect JTAG interface hardware between the Reciva module and a computer running JTAG software to write such a dump into the flash memory of another module.

Somewhere between v257 and v265, changes were made to the firmware which, intentionally or unintentionally, result in the Sharpfin hack not working.  So, AFAIK no-one has been able to dump a v265 or later firmware.

There is no reason why JTAG hardware and software cannot also read the flash memory contents of any version firmware.  But few, if any, people have a motive for doing so.

And before you ask, you cannot use an earlier version which has been dumped.  Some components became obsolete and were replaced in more recent radios.  The v265 and later firmwares have the new drivers etc for those new items.  Radios that run v265 and later will not work properly if at all with earlier firmware.

Why do you think you need the firmware?
The following users thanked this post: Alex

Alex

Re: Need firmware for Grace GDI-IRC6000W
« Reply #2 on: 22:47:14 | 27 March, 2018 »
I have an assumption that the Samsung chip S3C2412XL-26 is faulty or there was an error in the firmware. To check this I wanted to reinstall the firmware. If after this the radio will not work, then the cause of the failure in the chip.
Look at my topic below.

anything