Author Topic: Hello from Arizona  (Read 118 times)

mjw48

Hello from Arizona
« on: 09:31:02 | 06 April, 2018 »
Long time Logitech Squeezebox user. While I enjoy my Logitech very much listening to my radio stations back home in Boston, I am looking to upgrade to a more modern unit and will be seeking advice.

Thanks
MJW48

ShortWave Dave

Re: Hello from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: 11:01:46 | 06 April, 2018 »
Hello friend.
If I may suggest a replacement radio for US users, I highly recommend the Grace Digital Mondo Plus or the Encore Plus. Last year I replaced my older Mondo radios,which worked well, but I wanted a technology upgrade. My old sets, which I owned since 2012 were given to a friend, who is still enjoying them.

There are other ways to explore receiving internet radio, which include the popular voice assistants. Several of them can be used to stream your Boston station throughout your house.

Let us know what you decide.
Dave

mjw48

« Reply #2 on: 11:18:57 | 06 April, 2018 »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at three radios, the Como Audio Solo, Grace Encore+ and the Lemega M3+.  I was getting ready
to buy the Encore+ on Amazon as the price had dropped to $199.95 but I delayed a day and the price jumped back up to $250. The Lemega kind of intrigues me but I don't know if it is the best radio for the US.

Mark

ShortWave Dave

« Reply #3 on: 12:30:40 | 06 April, 2018 »
Hi Mark,
Sorry you missed the deal. With Amazon, if the price is good, put it in your cart right then before they change their minds. Than make the buy fairly quickly. $200 was a great price on the Encore Plus. At $300, I am not so warm and fuzzy. I bought mine during the Kickstarter offering. They made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. I've looked over the US available radios and the Grace Digital have the best feature set for me. Good luck with the hunt.

Dave

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #4 on: 14:07:21 | 06 April, 2018 »
Every so often, Grace will run a 30% off sale on their web page which brings it down to about $210.00
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

ShortWave Dave

« Reply #5 on: 14:57:18 | 06 April, 2018 »
You're right Solo2. That is how I bought my earlier ones. I joined their e-mail list and a couple days before a holiday, they would run their sale. I bought my two Mondos like that. Nice savings! Can't believe I forgot about that. Must be old age. :)
Dave

mjw48

« Reply #6 on: 08:26:18 | 18 April, 2018 »
Amazon just dropped the price on the Grace Encore Plus, color black, to $199.99 and I just ordered it. This, of course, after I ordered
the Sangean WR 50P, a Bluetooth, RBDS AM/FM stereo. It is a very nice radio, Bluetooth works very well with my Samsung tablet but
I really an internet radio.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #7 on: 09:28:50 | 18 April, 2018 »
Let us know what you think about it, when it arrives!
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

anything