Author Topic: new Irish forum member with a Ocean WR210 CB  (Read 189 times)

clearlyn

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 60.0.3112.90 Chrome 60.0.3112.90
new Irish forum member with a Ocean WR210 CB
« on: 03:07:54 | 11 August, 2017 »
Hi All

I am a new forum member from Wicklow in Southern Ireland. I was a long time user of Reciva radios and have owned Bush TR2015, Magicbox Imp and Vistron.

Have just bought a Ocean WR210 CB (http://www.oceandigitalshop.com/wr-210cb ) and am amazed by its performance, it a massive leap from all my old Reciva based radios :-). Its has outstanding performance, speed and full of additional features. It uses the MediaU station platform and so far it has all the stations I want. Looking forward to sharing Ocean radio experiences and interacting with forum members.

The following users thanked this post: oceandigital

Natural Sound

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
Re: new Irish forum member with a Ocean WR210 CB
« Reply #1 on: 19:53:01 | 17 August, 2017 »
Welcome. I live in the U.S. I was in Ireland on business travel recently. Mostly around Dublin but I had an opportunity to visit Glendalough on the weekend. You live in a very beautiful part of the world.

Sounds like you found a nice radio. I don't think I've ever heard of MediaU before. Do you know if it's a fairly new database/aggregator?

clearlyn

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 60.0.3112.101 Chrome 60.0.3112.101
Re: new Irish forum member with a Ocean WR210 CB
« Reply #2 on: 05:29:36 | 20 August, 2017 »
Hi Natural Sound Wicklow is indeed a scenic place, that of course weather permitting ;D / I hope you had good weather when you visited Glendalough.

UMedia appears to be the station database that the Ocean wifi radios use. I have no complaints with it so far , its comprehensive and has my favorite stations, there is even a option to add a station to their database.  In my opinion its every bit as good as Recivia's one.

Thanks for your welcoming message below  :) 

anything