Author Topic: Trouble loading <My Podcasts> via <My Stuff>  (Read 8454 times)

paragon

Trouble loading <My Podcasts> via <My Stuff>
« on: 20:12:49 | 16 July, 2013 »
Is anyone else having this problem?   I've re-booted, re-initialized, etc. et.  and still get the <unable to load podcast> message.   All the other <My etc> features are working fine

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Trouble loading <My Podcasts> via <My Stuff>
« Reply #1 on: 20:31:52 | 16 July, 2013 »
Intermittently and only with the tuner.  Unplugging and plugging makes it go away.
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

paragon

« Reply #2 on: 20:16:57 | 18 July, 2013 »
You are CORRECT!   Thanks   Solo2!

Audion

« Reply #3 on: 00:03:30 | 19 October, 2013 »
Had the same problem with the v257 tuner. Unplugging for 1 minute and replugging didn't do the trick. 20 minutes (unscientific, I simply had something else to do during the period) worked like a charm. Now enjoying my Ultima Thule podcasts.

Audion

« Reply #4 on: 02:11:28 | 07 November, 2013 »
Just had the same problem on my Solo v266-a-113-a-533, 20130402 002. Unplugging/plugging after ~20 minutes didn't fix it, but 2 hours did the trick. Also had problems with a couple of internet stations that other radios could play, but they cleared up after a 1 minute unplug/plug. A mystery to be sure.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05:12:43 | 07 November, 2013 »
Just had the same problem on my Solo v266-a-113-a-533, 20130402 002. Unplugging/plugging after ~20 minutes didn't fix it, but 2 hours did the trick. Also had problems with a couple of internet stations that other radios could play, but they cleared up after a 1 minute unplug/plug. A mystery to be sure.

According to Grace's crack technical support team, apparently your "router is clogging up the radio," making it difficult to connect to the series of tubes,

"October 30, 2013, 11:56 AM   Unable to load podcasts    Client
Recurring error on tuner, microsystem, Mondo and Solo: "Unable to load podcasts." Occurs for both podcasts included in "my stuff" and garden variety podcasts. A cold reboot of the radio solves the problem, but only temporarily.

November 05, 2013, 06:52 AM   RE: Unable to load podcasts    Client
Unable to load podcasts

November 05, 2013, 08:47 AM   RE: Unable to load podcasts    admin
Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry that you're having a hard time with your unit. It sounds like some of the cached address saved in your router is clogging up the radio. First unplug your radio. Then please try refreshing the router by unplugging it for a moment. After all the lights are back on please re-attempt the radio and you should be good to go. I hope this information was helpful, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Best Regards,

Tech Support"
Radios:  Grace GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000B, 2 Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace  GDI-WHA 7501, Grace GDI-WHA8001, Hama DIT2100MSBT Grace and Reciva iradio apps

cmk

« Reply #6 on: 12:41:34 | 05 April, 2014 »
This still appears to be an issue. It is caused by the software on the radio, certainly not the router.
When will they ever fix it? It is an easy problem to solve, amazed that it still happens.
Note this only happens with ANY podcast on the my Grace Mondo, everything else works just fine.
Turning off the power is a real pain, as I foolishly installed a battery...

RoadRanger

« Reply #7 on: 13:10:06 | 05 April, 2014 »
Turning off the power is a real pain, as I foolishly installed a battery...
I believe "Settings", "Master Power Reset" is supposed to do the same thing as unplugging?

cmk

« Reply #8 on: 15:50:27 | 05 April, 2014 »
Well that does cause a "poweroff reboot", but with this particular problem  that does not fix it.
The reason is the device is keeping IP connections open long after they have been closed (by the other side).
A quick reboot won't fix this as the device stupidly reconnects on the old connection which your router will gladly accept and subsequently fail.
The only fix (until they update the broken firmware) is to totally power off the device and wait (oh,at least a few minutes - depends on the algorithm they are using) until your router discards the old connections. It is not the fault of the the router, it is only doing what it is supposed to do.
This cannot be done with a battery connected as the device immediately reboots after the power reset.

The only way is to remove the battery and wait. Then, in my case, you have to retype the wireless WEP key and also set the correct time.
Other than that it works perfectly!!

I could go into this at a deeper level, but let's just say that Reciva should be able to debug and fix this problem.
There is no excuse for it.

« Last Edit: 16:09:39 | 05 April, 2014 by cmk »

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 16:00:15 | 05 April, 2014 »
No problem then. Do you also have to reenter your presets?

cmk

« Reply #10 on: 16:12:52 | 05 April, 2014 »
No Problem? It's a PITA.

Don't know as I don't have any Presets set. It did remember all my other settings as they are stored on the server.
I would guess that Presets do have to be reentered as they only stored locally...