Author Topic: RTE Radio 1  (Read 1672 times)

Crystalset

RTE Radio 1
« on: 05:07:48 | 07 January, 2013 »
RTE Radio 1 does very few podcasts tho' it is possible to listen on my laptop to specific program archives. Problem is I cannot find a streaming url for 'MyStreams'.
For example:   http://www.rte.ie/radio1/therollingwave/archive2013.html
uses Adobe flash player. If no url is available is it possable to upload the above to Windows Music library and then play thru' Media Player? Thank you.

Paul Webster

Re: RTE Radio 1
« Reply #1 on: 08:05:31 | 09 January, 2013 »
They are using rtmpe protocol to access the content - which will not work on the radio - and it does not look like the content can be accessed by another route.
It will not download and store to a file - so to get hold of this in another way you would probably have to use audio capture - i.e. not great.
Perhaps someone has built an RTE equivalent of get_iplayer - but I haven't searched for it.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Crystalset

Re: RTE Radio 1
« Reply #2 on: 11:03:46 | 09 January, 2013 »
Thank you, Paul. I have contacted RTE Radio in the past and have been ignored so I'm at a dead end. I have a Cisco branded UPC (cable) 8485 Mediabox HD-DVR which is so flaky that it will not record radio. Something my £50 TVonics pvr Free- view box did, actually that box did most things better than the Cisco stb. However I digress, thanks again Paul.
« Last Edit: 11:47:26 | 09 January, 2013 by Crystalset »