Author Topic: Podcasts FUBAR?  (Read 2861 times)

RoadRanger

Podcasts FUBAR?
« on: 21:12:00 | 05 April, 2014 »
I just tried to play some of the predefined "Podcasts" on my new GDI-IR2600 and the dozen or so I tried all came up as "Unable to load podcast" - is this functionality broken these days or ?

Keenite

Re: Podcasts FUBAR?
« Reply #1 on: 03:11:45 | 06 April, 2014 »
May depend on your geographic location and whether or not certain podcasts are geoblocked.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #2 on: 03:46:42 | 06 April, 2014 »
Assuming your radio can actually load the pre-defined podcasts, you'll find that a lot of the podcasts are dead links.  Reciva has not maintained the podcasts over the years.  Apparently from time to time Reciva's management has had fleeting thoughts about integrating a podcatcher service but then decided they were too busy to get around to it.  Your time is better spent adding podcasts that you listen to to "my podcasts."
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

RoadRanger

« Reply #3 on: 06:58:37 | 06 April, 2014 »
Thanks. I just wanted to see what a podcast looks like on the radio - I don't presently listen to any. I'm starting to see why yous guys are worried about Reciva dropping dead at any moment - they should drop the Podcast list if they aren't gonna maintain it.

cmk

« Reply #4 on: 11:19:26 | 06 April, 2014 »
I just tried to play some of the predefined "Podcasts" on my new GDI-IR2600 and the dozen or so I tried all came up as "Unable to load podcast" - is this functionality broken these days or ?

You can add your own podcasts and they should work (works on my radio ;) )
If the don't then see this  thread http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=1397.msg13613#msg13613 as to the reason why it doesn't work. It's easy to fix.
Basically turn off the radio completely and wait for about 10 minutes...
You may also have to reboot your router, but that really shouldn't be necessary.
« Last Edit: 11:22:22 | 06 April, 2014 by cmk »

anything