Author Topic: Podcasts By Category gone  (Read 2638 times)

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Podcasts By Category gone
« on: 05:08:37 | 03 March, 2016 »
I see that Reciva has deleted "podcasts by category" as a menu item and that only BBC podcasts and Blogtalk podcasts remain.  The deleted menu item probably won't be missed by many as it hadn't been maintained and over the years had become a disorganized collection of dead links. Maybe now they'll fix the NOAA weather channels which remain a big mess.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

dh

• Former Reciva Engineer
Re: Podcasts By Category gone
« Reply #1 on: 03:51:37 | 04 March, 2016 »
I see that Reciva has deleted "podcasts by category" as a menu item and that only BBC podcasts and Blogtalk podcasts remain.  The deleted menu item probably won't be missed by many as it hadn't been maintained and over the years had become a disorganized collection of dead links. Maybe now they'll fix the NOAA weather channels which remain a big mess.

Yes, it's gone. The data came from Podcast.com which was defunct years ago. We kept serving it as it was current at the time, but it got to the point where only 20% of it worked.
I'm actively working on a replacement and will share the details soon. 

Thanks for the heads up about NOAA - I'll take a look.
Views my own, not my previous employer's. I'll help where I can but this is not an official support channel.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05:22:21 | 04 March, 2016 »
@dh Thanks.  I corresponded with Greg Fadul yesterday about the NOAA channels and he said he would be in touch with you.  I sent him a partial list of stations that give reports for the wrong locations.  I only had the time and patience to go through the first dozen or so, however.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

dh

• Former Reciva Engineer
« Reply #3 on: 06:02:34 | 04 March, 2016 »
@dh Thanks.  I corresponded with Greg Fadul yesterday about the NOAA channels and he said he would be in touch with you.  I sent him a partial list of stations that give reports for the wrong locations.  I only had the time and patience to go through the first dozen or so, however.

Ah, that was you! I did think it was odd that nobody had noticed for <however long they've been broken> and then two complaints in as many days :-)

They were set manually a few years ago - having a quick look - some of the URLs make sense (i.e. are related to the station name) and others probably "worked at the time" - one ends in weathertest.m3u! We usually have scripts to update this sort of thing - I'll see if I can find a list of them somewhere we can scrape to keep them automatically up-to-date

Views my own, not my previous employer's. I'll help where I can but this is not an official support channel.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 06:28:51 | 04 March, 2016 »
@dh Yes, I'm the chief complainer.  Anyway, I appropriated a few links (for the locations that interest me) from http://audioplayer.wunderground.com/ and added them to "my streams."  You may want to look there.

Baldman

« Reply #5 on: 09:34:13 | 07 March, 2016 »

Yes, it's gone. The data came from Podcast.com which was defunct years ago. We kept serving it as it was current at the time, but it got to the point where only 20% of it worked.

I did listen to the NBC nightly news and Meet the Press and CBS's Face the Nation on those Podcasts.
Grace Encore and Bravada

dh

• Former Reciva Engineer
« Reply #6 on: 01:58:15 | 08 March, 2016 »

I did listen to the NBC nightly news and Meet the Press and CBS's Face the Nation on those Podcasts.

Send me a message with your serial number and I'll add them to your My Podcasts

dh

• Former Reciva Engineer
« Reply #7 on: 05:23:51 | 11 March, 2016 »
@dh Yes, I'm the chief complainer.  Anyway, I appropriated a few links (for the locations that interest me) from http://audioplayer.wunderground.com/ and added them to "my streams."  You may want to look there.

Hey Solo2

All the NOAA links should be working now. I've stopped short of manually listening to them all, but all the links match the feed above.

Thanks for pointing this out - happy listening!

The following users thanked this post: Solo2

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 05:46:23 | 11 March, 2016 »
Thanks, dh.