Author Topic: 2nd RenkForce MX-100i not getting ¨My Stuff¨ [Solved]  (Read 195 times)

Satbeginner

• Retired Dutch electronic engineer, living in Spain
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.110 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
Hi all,

I have a Renkforce MX-100i that works fine, shows ¨My Stuff¨ the way I set it up at the Reciva Website.

Now a friend of mine gave me her Renkforce Radio, also a MX-100i.
After a full reset, and by means of "Register" on the radio, and entering the key on the Reciva.com website it shows as my second radio, however, I do not get the "My Stuff" on the second radio?
It does show "Location"and "Genre" and plays fine from these lists.

The radio given to me was registered at the Reciva website before by my friend, but the account is lost.

Do I mis something obvious?
Any tips of things I could try?

Un saludo,

Satbeginner (Leo)
« Last Edit: 05:21:54 | 06 July, 2017 by Satbeginner »

drgeoff

• Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.110 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
Re: 2nd RenkForce MX-100i not getting ¨My Stuff¨
« Reply #1 on: 02:51:19 | 22 May, 2017 »
Have you rebooted the radio?  Disconnected the power for 15 seconds, not just putting it in and out of standby?
The following users thanked this post: Satbeginner

Satbeginner

• Retired Dutch electronic engineer, living in Spain
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 59.0.3071.115 Chrome 59.0.3071.115
Re: 2nd RenkForce MX-100i not getting ¨My Stuff¨
« Reply #2 on: 05:21:35 | 06 July, 2017 »
Hi all,

It took quite a while, but:    The Reciva/Qualcomm guys fixed it!!
As it turned out, over time they changed the protocol how the My Stuff data was asked for by the radio, and the way it was sent to the radio.

Having an intense (email) contact over the past weeks, they eliminated things by doing a step-by-step analysis of the problem, and the conclusion was that an updated part of the software in the (newer) radios was working with the new protocol, but the older software in my Renkforce's did not.

They asked a timeout, because they needed time to implement and test this newer part in the Renkforce software and make an new updated software package for this radio.
Yesterday they contacted me again to test their solution:

Based on the ID of my two radios they arranged this update to be available when I would check for an update.
The radios did find, download and installed it in a breeze, et voila: both are working perfectly again!!

Any change I make on the website does appear in the My Stuff menu as soon as I choose it on the radio.

Reciva and the Qualcomm people: Well done and many thanks!

Satbeginner (Leo)

anything