Author Topic: From 12th June Pure Connect will only be accessible via Android and iOS apps.  (Read 141 times)

LesCornwall

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
I wonder if this is the end for I R devices from Pure ?
Quote ..
"Our recent change of ownership has resulted in the withdrawal of several services, including support for the Pure Connect desktop site. The desktop site will therefore be discontinued from 12th June 2017.
There should be minimal disruption to the mobile Pure Connect service, as both the android and apple apps will remain, allowing you to continue listening to live and on demand radio.
So, how will this affect you?
If you are an existing* customer any favourites and custom stations you currently have on your device will not be affected by this change. You can continue using this service via the app
This change will only affect customers that manage their internet radio devices (excluding Evoke C-F6 and Evoke F3) via the desktop site
All customers will lose the ability to add custom stations (those not currently on Pure Connect)
Customers will lose the ability to manage devices (e.g adding/remove radios from their account)
New customers will be unable to register on Pure Connect but can continue to listen to live and on-demand radio. All favourites will need to be stored directly on the device
We apologise for any disruption this may cause and thank you for your patience.
The Pure Team" see :-
http://support-uk.pure.com/en/kb/articles/important-update-from-12th-june-pure-connect-will-only-be-accessible-via-android-and-ios-apps-
1 AE, 1 AS Net008, 2 BT Internet Radios, 3 Intempo GX-01, 2 Logik IR100, 1 Logik Irm1, 2 Morphy Richards 2725, 1 KitSound Surfex (Frontier Silicon), 2 Philips NP1100 (Tunein/RadioTime ) Pure Evoke Flow,Pure One Flow (Pure Connect)

dog-man

• Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 53.0 Firefox 53.0
Damn!

I wonder how long my Pure radio will be of use to me then.

Dogmatix

• Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 45.0 Firefox 45.0
"excluding Evoke C-F6 and Evoke F3" because these two models use Frontier Silicon Venice 6.5 modules, and can be managed via a Pure-branded version of the vTuner website.

If Pure were serious about maintaining their good name, they would offer owners of other models a free upgrade to an Evoke C-F6 or Evoke F3.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010 & DIR3100. See 'Small Ads' section for Reciva radios for sale.

drgeoff

• Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.89 Chrome 50.0.2661.89
"excluding Evoke C-F6 and Evoke F3" because these two models use Frontier Silicon Venice 6.5 modules, and can be managed via a Pure-branded version of the vTuner website.

If Pure were serious about maintaining their good name, they would offer owners of other models a free upgrade to an Evoke C-F6 or Evoke F3.
Maybe there is a smiley missing from the end of that.

I am not convinced that such action would compare favourably cost-wise with keeping the current server chugging along.

I don't have any Pure radios as such but I do have 3 Jongo A2s which use the Pure Connect server.

Dogmatix

• Browser:
  • Firefox 45.0 Firefox 45.0
More like a frowny...

Are Pure radios other than the two they mention still on sale?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010 & DIR3100. See 'Small Ads' section for Reciva radios for sale.

castalla

• Administrator
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.81 Chrome 58.0.3029.81

I am not convinced that such action would compare favourably cost-wise with keeping the current server chugging along.

I don't have any Pure radios as such but I do have 3 Jongo A2s which use the Pure Connect server.

You could install LMS and the upnp bridge plugin - then the Pure speakers become squeezebox players
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com