Author Topic: podcast plays wrong episode  (Read 4703 times)

liz02l

podcast plays wrong episode
« on: 17:10:58 | 12 August, 2011 »
I have a Roberts WM201 for some years now. In the past few months some of my BBC and ABC (Australia) podcast episodes get stuck on the same episode.  Although the display shows the dates of the most recent episodes, when I select one, the player always reverts to a 3 or 4 week old episode again and again.  My problem is exactly as described by this thread on the old reciva forum.

https://forum.reciva.com/read.php?2,47022

Anyone else having the same problem?  Any ideas on how we can ever get this problem fixed?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Liz

Paul Webster

Re: podcast plays wrong episode
« Reply #1 on: 00:11:29 | 13 August, 2011 »
Have you tried the temporary workaround as mentioned a few times in that old thread?
(i.e. Delete and re-add from My Podcasts)
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

liz02l

« Reply #2 on: 15:39:02 | 13 August, 2011 »
I have Paul, but it is only a very "temporary fix".  The problem keeps recurring every few episodes and it's so annoying having to delete and re-enter the settings over and over in My Stuff.  Just wondering if there are many other people out there being bothered by this.

I've been on the beta firmware for over a year and all was fine. This only started to happen with me a few months ago - is it simply a bug in the cache clearance that can be reported and fixed?   Who is responsible for updating/fixing software now? Appreciate any help or info.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 09:00:04 | 15 August, 2011 »
I e-mailed Grace about it some time ago and got the same suggestion from them;  to delete and re-add from "my podcasts."  It never really solved the problem.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

liz02l

« Reply #4 on: 17:58:19 | 15 August, 2011 »
Sigh! I guess these people don't relax and drift off while catching up with to their favourite programs like me.
It's so annoying because you never know when the "sticky episode" problem is going to strike. Who wants to get out of their cosy bed after midnight, boot up their computer, find and reenter all the feed details for the umpteenth time so they can listen to this weeks podcast. This is not a solution. The reason I bought and loved my Roberts in the first place was to listen to my podcasts at night and it used to work just perfectly. Now this is so buggy and regressive.

Thank you for your replies, anyway. I appreciate your feedback. You might pass on to the powers that be that there is at least one distinctly unhappy camper with this so called 'workaround'. And I wonder if there is any intention whatsoever to get around to fixing it properly sometime in the future. Could it please be put on the 'To Do List?  Thanks again.

Liz

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18:56:24 | 15 August, 2011 »
I suppose maybe some effort will be made to fix the problem only if enough people complain.  My conversation with Grace:

August 15, 2011, 09:20 AM    Podcasts     Client

Is there any fix for the problem that the podcasts play the wrong episode? In other words, selecting this week's podcast will play one from a month ago or from some other time. Deleting and re-adding to "my podcasts" works, but only once.

August 15, 2011, 03:06 PM    RE: Podcasts    admin

Hello,
So gave you tried deleting and reading again and it will no longer play the most current? Or that it only works 1 episode at a time?
Best Regards,

Megan
Tech Support

August 15, 2011, 06:35 PM    RE: Podcasts     Client

That it only works one episode at a time.

The problem is thoroughly discussed here: https://forum.reciva.com/read.php?2,47022

and here: http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=464.msg5216#msg5216

It would really be nice if your company could contact Reciva and bring the matter to their attention so that they could fix it so the radio will actually play the podcast shown on the display and not give the unwanted surprise of playing a completely different podcast from the one the listener wants to hear.

Thanks.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

liz02l

« Reply #6 on: 18:02:21 | 16 August, 2011 »
Thanks Solo2, I appreciate your help.  I'll shut up for now, wait and keep listening.
Liz

Toby

« Reply #7 on: 06:33:01 | 18 October, 2011 »
Hey everyone!

So this issue is actually a firmware bug. As pointed out above its a caching bug. We are looking at a way to get around this problem on the server side of things, and we do have some ideas that might work!

I will update you all when we have come to a conclusion. I would like to point out, that it might also not be a possible without a firmware upgrade, but lets see what we can do!

Thanks again everyone!

tonyjhall

Re: podcast plays wrong episode - My Podcasts page
« Reply #8 on: 14:35:31 | 18 October, 2011 »
Hi Toby
Is this the same problem that leaves "Delete" and "Rename" permanently greyed out on the "My Podcasts" page  of radios.reciva.com ?
This means I am unable to delete and re-enter any podcasts.
Thanks
Tony Hall

Solo2

• Administrator
Re: podcast plays wrong episode - My Podcasts page
« Reply #9 on: 14:47:22 | 18 October, 2011 »
Hi Toby
Is this the same problem that leaves "Delete" and "Rename" permanently greyed out on the "My Podcasts" page  of radios.reciva.com ?
This means I am unable to delete and re-enter any podcasts.
Thanks
Tony Hall

If, by any chance, you're trying to view the radios.reciva.com site using IE9, see this:

Temporary workaround in IE9 ... reconfigure it to be in "compatible" mode for the Reciva site.
alt+t alt+b
(Options/Tools/Compatibility View settings)
then add www.reciva.com

liz02l

« Reply #10 on: 15:50:43 | 30 April, 2012 »
Just want to say thanks Toby - my podcasts have been playing fine for last few months, and I've had no wrong links to older ones.  Whatever you did worked! (for me anyhow).  Thanks again, much appreciated.  :D

Liz

anything