Author Topic: Ipdio mini firmware question  (Read 3033 times)

mlada

Ipdio mini firmware question
« on: 01:37:51 | 17 July, 2012 »
Hi!

I got my new Ipdio Mini today. What's the latest firmware and is there a changelog or something where I could see the differences?

mlada

zeewier

• Mac OS X 10.7.4 Mac OS X 10.7.4
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1.7 Safari 5.1.7
Re: Ipdio mini firmware question
« Reply #1 on: 03:58:44 | 17 July, 2012 »
I don't think there are many manufacturers who publish a change log on their website. An exception seems to be Avox. I could not find any info on the DNT website. The quickest way to find out if there is a firmware update is to select the appropriate menu item on the radio, but it will not tell you what the new version will be if there is one. My experience with Avox is that their website is not updated as soon as new firmware is available for one of their radios, there is usually a delay of several days. The reason is probably that radio manufacturers don't develop the firmware themselves, this is done in most cases by Reciva. Radios download any new firmware from Reciva servers, not from the manufacturer's server.

mlada

« Reply #2 on: 04:10:10 | 17 July, 2012 »
That is interesting. Reciva is developing the firmware? Hm, so I assume I won't find any information abou that on the reciva homepage...?

Dogmatix

• Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.28 Firefox 3.6.28
« Reply #3 on: 04:20:43 | 17 July, 2012 »
Reciva is developing the firmware?

Yes, but only for those brands who want it, which doesn't include DNT.

DNT used to have half a dozen Reciva radios (all with IPdio in the name) in their catalogue: the original IPdio, Mini, Mini Pro, Style, Clock, and Tune. Now, only the Mini and the Tune are left. All recent DNT radios are not Reciva. There has not been an official update for the DNT IPdio range for a few years, and I think there is unlikely to be one - some brands would rather people buy new radios than upgrade their old ones...

There is, however, the beta firmware, which was released by Reciva two years ago, and is still available. More information in the Wiki here: http://reciva-users.wikispot.org/beta
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

zeewier

• Mac OS X 10.7.4 Mac OS X 10.7.4
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1.7 Safari 5.1.7
« Reply #4 on: 04:26:16 | 17 July, 2012 »
If the radio reports that new firmware is available, and you want to know about the changes before proceeding with the download, you can always try to email the brand's technical support and hope for an answer...

mlada

« Reply #5 on: 06:32:13 | 17 July, 2012 »
Could be worth a try.  ;)

anything