login

Author Topic: It's back! Liquid Lounge is resurrected!! Rejoice!!!  (Read 2858 times)

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
Re: It's back! Liquid Lounge is resurrected!! Rejoice!!!
« Reply #30 on: 09:29:05 | 23 May, 2021 »
Well, The Lounge managed a whole week before crashing again. Ten years ago it would run unattended for months... Oh well. That's progress.

So now for a slight change of direction...

Well, jazzish any way.

http://perfidiousalbion.me:8040/listen.pls
Alan | That British Bloke colonising Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Today I'm mostly listening to LiquidLounge

Alan E Hill

• Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
« Reply #31 on: 18:14:47 | 07 October, 2021 »

Look... This is just my project... You can ignore it...

However, LiquidLounge has been my pet for about 15 years. Actually, for the first ten years or so, it would run faultlessly for months on end, but successive Win updates and "upgrades", plus Shoutcast/Winamp trying to monetise the project meant it is getting quite difficult to get it to run for any length of time without breaking down.

Well, I've actually made quite a change. I'm now using Foobar2000 as a source, with edcast DSP through to the last version of Shoutcast which didn't insist on using their servers as host. I still use a robot DJ who just selects random tracks from the vaults here at the Hill Compound.

It was almost right, but some tracks were now playing as raw digital, a nasty sort of white-noise. Checking this out I found out that edcast can only transcode at up to 44,100 sample rate, and since a lot of my material is @96k and higher it was causing the noise on those tracks.

Well I've overcome that by having a computer spending a week or so down-sampling nearly 60k files and so far this seems to have worked.

So if anyone is still interested we're on the air again, with an expanded random playlist now including jazz, from dixie, via Artie Shaw and Coltrane to The Comet Is Coming, and Luxuria from bombast, secret agent to kletzmer. Sometimes it's pretty good, and other times I can't believe I actually paid for that stuff... And yes, there are a few nsfw in there, so no using it as muzak at church on Sundays. All tracks are tagged artist/song title and show up on most apps. I don't know how they'll render via internet radio. I still can't get Alexa to show tags, so any ideas there would be useful.

I have these URLs one of which will hopefully work for you:

http://perfidiousalbion.me:8040/n/
http://perfidiousalbion.me:8040/
http://perfidiousalbion.me:8040/listen.pls

And a web interface here:

http://perfidiousalbion.me:8040/index.html

From time to time I might enquire if anyone's listening from a particular IP, and if you really like it I can reserve/prioritise access through the throng of seekers of musical Nirvana that is LiquidLounge - from the Interwebz to Your Hedz.

PS: iradioforum.net is currently being registered for another year.
Alan | That British Bloke colonising Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
The following users thanked this post: ericf3, g121

Alan E Hill

• Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
« Reply #32 on: 18:20:41 | 07 October, 2021 »
PPS: Meanwhile, behind the scenes...

g121

« Reply #33 on: 18:54:16 | 07 October, 2021 »
re: PS: iradioforum.net is currently being registered for another year.

Much Thanks  : )) ..

The following users thanked this post: Baldman, Solo2, ericf3

Alan E Hill

• Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
« Reply #34 on: 14:23:34 | 15 October, 2021 »
Okay... Curiosity... Who is accessing LiquidLounge from Perranuthnoe, Cornwall, UK. I mean...

anything