Author Topic: Dead: Grace IR-1000B, Help needed  (Read 1961 times)

drgeoff

Re: Dead: Grace IR-1000B, Help needed
« Reply #15 on: 01:48:02 | 28 November, 2017 »
The LED voltage is variable.  That is how the backlight brightness is adjusted.  There is nothing smart in the display module to do that.  The combination of Reciva module and main board has a D to A converter to produce a changeable voltage drive to the LED connection of the display.

Yes, 5 volt module is what you need.

I've e-mailed 3 of the sellers - not ONE can tell me the size of the C/B the display is mounted to.

Man!
Must i do everything for you?

i already gave you the link to a datasheet - http://www.buydisplay.com/download/manual/ERM1604-1_Series_Datasheet.pdf.  That contains physical/mechanical information.

Macgyver

Re: Dead: Grace IR-1000B, Help needed
« Reply #16 on: 08:25:24 | 07 December, 2017 »
The LED voltage is variable.  That is how the backlight brightness is adjusted.  There is nothing smart in the display module to do that.  The combination of Reciva module and main board has a D to A converter to produce a changeable voltage drive to the LED connection of the display.

Yes, 5 volt module is what you need.

I've e-mailed 3 of the sellers - not ONE can tell me the size of the C/B the display is mounted to.

Man!
Must i do everything for you?

i already gave you the link to a datasheet - http://www.buydisplay.com/download/manual/ERM1604-1_Series_Datasheet.pdf.  That contains physical/mechanical information.

AH, DaaaaD!

Macgyver

Update Grace 1000 LCD
« Reply #17 on: 14:57:39 | 27 December, 2017 »
Well, for anyone reading this, sometime ... later, a few tidbits.
1. Make sure you find a LCD whose circuit board (not the LCD itself) will fit into the spot that the old one fit. In my case 80mm x 47mm (or there-abouts).
At this pont I haven't found one, Having put this together before measuring the size (looked close), I have it hanging out of the case in the garage.
2. Pins 1 and 2 are reversed. Pin 1 USED to be +5V, now -5V. Pin 2 now becomes +5V.
3. Pin 3 on the circuit board of the LCD labeled, either Vo or Va is NOW grounded - I jumpered it to Pin 1.
4. The lead labeled LED from the radio, goes to Pin 16 on the LCD which is labeled either (-) or Vss. This allows the software adjustable backlight to function properly.

I've up'd a pic of the LCD C/B and the Radio's FYI.

Good luck
« Last Edit: 16:40:08 | 27 December, 2017 by Macgyver »

anything