Author Topic: New to Internet Radio  (Read 72 times)

Bamabound

• Mac OS X 10.10.5 Mac OS X 10.10.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84 Chrome 63.0.3239.84
New to Internet Radio
« on: 16:06:19 | 28 December, 2017 »
Folks-

Happy New Year!  I received a grace digital Mondo for a gift.  I have played with it some.  I'm somehwat frustrated at this point because of the following:

I have a subscription to TuneIn Premium.  How can I get that on this radio?

Weather Bug?  I was under the impression that was a downloaded app?  If not, how do i receive that?

Last, but not least, how do I receive a local NOAA station? 

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

BamaBound

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84 Chrome 63.0.3239.84
Re: New to Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: 17:06:32 | 28 December, 2017 »
Folks-

Happy New Year!  I received a grace digital Mondo for a gift.  I have played with it some.  I'm somehwat frustrated at this point because of the following:

I have a subscription to TuneIn Premium.  How can I get that on this radio?

Weather Bug?  I was under the impression that was a downloaded app?  If not, how do i receive that?

Last, but not least, how do I receive a local NOAA station? 

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

BamaBound

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum.  Did you receive the new Mondo Plus or the former model?  If you received the original Mondo, you can't access  the TuneIn app on it as the radio stations are aggregated by Qualcomm (formerly Reciva) and not by TuneIn.  If you have the Mondo Plus, you can cast from the TuneIn app on your phone or tablet to the radio using Chromecast.  On the original Mondo you can use Weatherbug by going to the My Stuff menu, choosing Weather Bug and selecting your location.  Weatherbug isn't available on the Mondo Plus.  The original Mondo has a menu for NOAA weather channels but Reciva never bothered to update and maintain the channels so few are there and they are mislabeled.  Your best bet is to find a streaming URL for the NOAA channel you are interested in (assuming there is a playable url), and add it to "my streams"  using your computer after you register your radio.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps