Author Topic: Please read this first!  (Read 9839 times)

castalla

• Administrator
Please read this first!
« on: 10:03:47 | 29 March, 2011 »
Please read this before posting

This forum has been set up by as an alternative to the recently closed official Reciva Forum (https://forum.reciva.com/addon.php?0,module=recent_messages).

Please be aware that this is NOT an official Reciva forum or helpdesk!  It is being maintained by users like you ... accordingly, any advice or help offered is without any guarantee or warranty.  

If you require help or advice, please post in an appropriate sub-forum, be as clear as possible about your problem, and give details of your radio, router, etc.  

Questions such as ''My radio doesn't work.  Why?'' or ''Station XYZ doesn't work.  Why?'' are not helpful.

... and finally ... Welcome!
« Last Edit: 10:06:31 | 29 March, 2011 by alanehill »
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com
The following users thanked this post: Juanita

LesCornwall

Re: Please read this first!
« Reply #1 on: 06:51:42 | 30 March, 2011 »
Phew!
Just this minute,
Managed to climb aboard as the Mother Ship "SS Reciva Forum" went down with all but a few life boats filled with shocked travellers..Did anyone see the Ice-Berg?
I suppose it was inevitable...
So long as the Reciva Line does not go into "Recivaship"..
Hi fellows..
Les
1 AE, 1 AS Net008, 2 BT Internet Radios, 3 Intempo GX-01, 2 Logik IR100, 1 Logik Irm1, 2 Morphy Richards 2725, 1 KitSound Surfex (Frontier Silicon), 2 Philips NP1100 (Tunein/RadioTime ) Pure Evoke Flow,Pure One Flow (Pure Connect)

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
« Reply #2 on: 07:09:37 | 30 March, 2011 »
Questions such as ''My radio doesn't work.  Why?'' or ''Station XYZ doesn't work.  Why?'' are not helpful.
That's me told then.
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIOS...... Bush TR2015. 2x Ministry of Sound MOSAC150..
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407

Baldman

« Reply #3 on: 08:43:39 | 30 March, 2011 »
Hi, Another Reciva refugee also. If everyone that was taking care of the other forum came here we'll be fine, they were the ones that held up Reciva anyway. :D

tadworth506

« Reply #4 on: 14:12:42 | 30 March, 2011 »
Glad I've found this. Couldn't believe that Reciva closed their forum without any advanced notice. What the *!*$ are they playing at. Even though I didn't contribute much I  read the postings every evening and found them very informative and entertaining (the entertaining part usually wasn't even discussing Reciva radios most of the time). Hopefully all of the familiar regulars will find this new forum site and we will be back (almost) as we were.
IR100's....OXX Digital...IRMA1...BT internet radio....Freecom Musicpal(v.tuner)...tranciva (frontier silicon)... Acoustic Solutions Net008..Roberts stream 83i... No reason at all why I need so many...and now a Pure One Flow so I again can listen to BBC Listen Again.Also have Zettaly Avy

manksman

« Reply #5 on: 07:30:33 | 31 March, 2011 »
I'm another one who no longer posted regularly on the reciva forum but still came by to read, though not every evening. I know the that many people would not have got their radios working without the unofficial help the forum offered, so it suggests Reciva don't expect to sell many more radios.
It was a shock on the 29th to see the very bald message Reciva posted. I do note that the forum.reciva.com still works, but they have taken the link off the home page.

AJS

« Reply #6 on: 08:41:46 | 31 March, 2011 »
Phew! I'm glad I've landed safely, it was touch and go for a while. Thanks for the lifebelt and God bless all who sail in recivarefuge.net  ;)

Sharks68

« Reply #7 on: 03:16:28 | 07 April, 2011 »
I'm another from the Reciva ship, grabbed a life boat, great no warning, question maybe already answered should Reciva go under, will the radios work

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 05:23:10 | 07 April, 2011 »
Your existing presets will continue to work.  But you can't change them unless you do this:  http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=15.0

Sharks68

« Reply #9 on: 07:03:01 | 07 April, 2011 »
How do i find out my radio presets

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 07:19:29 | 07 April, 2011 »
You have to sharpfin the radio and install the enhancement pack - this allows you to view and edit presets.

ronanflood

« Reply #11 on: 11:37:06 | 09 April, 2011 »
*surfaces* Hi folks.

Re the Sharpfin process, does it rely on any of Reciva's servers to work?

If Reciva goes under and shuts down all servers, would it then be too late to try Sharpfin, i.e must it be done while Reciva is still a going concern?

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 11:43:39 | 09 April, 2011 »
I think you only would need Reciva access if you wanted to download a firmware.  The enhancement pack features don't depend on Reciva.

Dogmatix

« Reply #13 on: 12:02:37 | 09 April, 2011 »
Well, that could be checked by trying to load the Sharpfin patch / enhanceemnt pack with internet disconnected.

If I have time, I'll try it tomorrow.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Nighthawk

« Reply #14 on: 13:44:43 | 10 April, 2011 »
Shocked beyond belief, but I'm glad there's this place.  I'm terrified of Reciva going under though.   :-\

anything