Author Topic: Sirus/XM no joy :(  (Read 3823 times)

RoadRanger

Sirus/XM no joy :(
« on: 16:58:07 | 02 April, 2014 »
I just received my GDI-IR2600 and entered the account info of my trial account and it seems to take it - but every station says "Unable to Play" :( .  The manual says something about needing a "premium" vs "regular" subscription but I didn't see any such option on the Sirius/XM site?
« Last Edit: 19:34:27 | 02 April, 2014 by RoadRanger »

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: Sirus/XM no joy :(
« Reply #1 on: 19:58:58 | 02 April, 2014 »
I'm not a Sirius XM subscriber, but I believe that the "premium" subscription that works with the Grace radio now is called "Sirius All Access" and costs $18.99/mo.  Best to check with Grace, though.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

RoadRanger

« Reply #2 on: 20:44:40 | 02 April, 2014 »
On this page:
http://gracedigital.com/innovator-x-wifi-internet-radio-media-streamer-p-211.html
if you click on "Stations" it specifically mentions the free trial, implying that it should work. Interesting that no-one on these forums uses SirusXM ?

RoadRanger

« Reply #3 on: 20:54:06 | 02 April, 2014 »
Oh, and I just verified that if I change either my username or password to an invalid one I don't get the list of stations so I guess that proves I entered those correctly.

RoadRanger

« Reply #4 on: 15:36:39 | 03 April, 2014 »
Grace Digital did get back to me promptly :) . Seems there are different kinds of "trial accounts", the kind I have is the "no credit card required one" that doesn't work - you need to use the "credit card required" one :( . My wife has an XM radio in her car but it would cost us $4 a month to upgrade to the internet option - I wanted to try it out first but this is all just too much of a hassle and there are plenty of free options. While we were hassling with SiriusXm we downgraded her subscription to the "Mostly Music" one and saved $4 a month - that'll teach 'em ;) !

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #5 on: 16:08:17 | 03 April, 2014 »
I guess that shows why Sirius XM subscribers are few and far between on this forum.  After already paying for premium Pandora and Spotify subscriptions, I feel I'm tapped out.  I think you'd have to really like Howard Stern, or have a long commute, to make Sirius worth the expense, but to each his own.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

RoadRanger

« Reply #6 on: 16:22:39 | 03 April, 2014 »
I think you'd have to really like Howard Stern, or have a long commute, to make Sirius worth the expense, but to each his own.
I had it when I had a 50 minute commute and later when I drove truck for a few years. My wife has a 50 minute commute now. I commute 50 minutes on those days I have to go in but I only work sporadically and mostly from home - and usually just put NPR on. Howard Stern gets on my nerves pretty quick ::) .

RoadRanger

« Reply #7 on: 14:15:41 | 24 April, 2014 »
Grace Digital did get back to me promptly :) . Seems there are different kinds of "trial accounts", the kind I have is the "no credit card required one" that doesn't work - you need to use the "credit card required" one :( .
Now having a Sonos that works fine with the trial account that doesn't work with Reciva I'm going to have to call BS on Reciva on this one :P.

anything