Author Topic: Want to use Reciva on an Android phone.  (Read 4200 times)

Qmavam

Want to use Reciva on an Android phone.
« on: 08:31:27 | 17 May, 2015 »
I'm ready to get a a smart phone, but want to make sure I can get Internet radio using Reciva, just like I do with my bedroom internet radio.
The Reciva homepage has an iPhone app, but I see nothing for an Andriod phone. My son recently purchased the phone I'm interested in,
so if I can get an app, he can try it for me.

Thanks, for your help, Mikek

Dogmatix

Re: Want to use Reciva on an Android phone.
« Reply #1 on: 09:29:14 | 17 May, 2015 »
As far as I know, there is no Reciva-based internet radio app for Android.

There are other internet radios apps for Android. Some people like TuneIn, but I prefer 'rad.io'.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

Qmavam

« Reply #2 on: 10:13:19 | 17 May, 2015 »
Thanks, that looks nice.
                    Mikek

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 11:04:41 | 17 May, 2015 »
Yes, there is no Android version of the iOS Reciva Radio app.

Unrelatedly, Grace has had no luck with its Android remote app.  After months of unsuccessfully trying to get it to work properly, hiring various teams of developers and and spending oodles of cash, they decided to make the code open source in hopes that a developer might fix it. So far, there's no good news.  The remote app still is available in the Google Play store, but with this warning:  "Users across devices have reported various issues with this release. Most notably users running Lollipop on non-Samsung devices have experienced more severe issues such as the application not responding or terminating abruptly. We are aware of these and other issues. We are working to resolve these issues across devices and platforms. If you are one of the affected users we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patiences [sic] while we work to improve our application."
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Qmavam

« Reply #4 on: 11:54:07 | 17 May, 2015 »
My son's initial response is,  the app at >http://www.radio.net/android/<
works without any hassle. Well see in a week or two what the feeling is.
                                           Thanks again to Dogmatix

Dogmatix

« Reply #5 on: 14:17:21 | 17 May, 2015 »
You're welcome.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

anything