Author Topic: Avox Internet Radios  (Read 870 times)

Bumbleboo

• Hello from Germany
  • Connection to home through BBC radio.
Avox Internet Radios
« on: 07:04:49 | 25 July, 2018 »
I have two Avox Internet radios and have great difficulty listening to our favourite BBC radio stations.
I'm always getting the message Stream Ended or no longer broadcasting in this format.
What format should I use to listen to the BBC and how do I change the format option on the radio.
I hope there is some solution to this because these radios were not cheap and the only way we find we can listen to the radio is through my laptop and that is a nuisance when I ned to use it for other things.
We live in Germany so contact with the home country over the radio is our luxury!  :D
Macbook Pro 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7, OS X.10.3 (Yosemite)
Indio Color AVOX Internet Radio
Browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox

Paul Webster

Re: Avox Internet Radios
« Reply #1 on: 12:34:07 | 25 July, 2018 »
Assuming it is using the Reciva database then you should be able to use the Search function to find the particular BBC Radio stations that you want and verify that they work ... and then same them into Amy Stations (or favourites if you have them).
You might be using very very old versions of the station streams.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

anotherbob

• ... Finding Gateway ...
Re: Avox Internet Radios
« Reply #2 on: 02:51:43 | 27 July, 2018 »
I just bought an Avox Indio Color off Ebay. Good quality item. I use it as a bedside (music) radio so don't use BBC channels. However a quick search finds all BBC national channels (presumably the MP3 versions). As Paul Webster has suggested you may be using old versions of BBC streams.
ANOTHERBOB  
RECIVA RADIO...... AVOX Indio Color.
Non RECIVA RADIOS......  REVO PIXIS RX. Squeezebox Touch. PURE One Flow. Zettaly Avy ZA-407