Author Topic: Internet Radio WiFi connection problem  (Read 387 times)

quaylet

Internet Radio WiFi connection problem
« on: 13:54:44 | 29 December, 2018 »
Sangean WFR-29C Radio/Denver IR-100
Just changed my internet service provider and trying to connect my internet radios. Having the same problem with both. I enter the appropriate details: SSID, Internet Key, location, time, DCHP enable etc. and radios sometimes connect. When I turn off and back on cannot get a connection. Both say WLAN active but will not connect. Tried for hours and the same thing happens i.e. sometimes manage to connect but then will not reconnect after switching off and back on. I would greatly appreciate any help.
P.S. Have had no trouble connecting other devices: laptops, Alexa, Google Home, tv.

Dogmatix

Re: Internet Radio WiFi connection problem
« Reply #1 on: 15:42:31 | 29 December, 2018 »
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Did your new internet service provider equip you with a new modem of their choosing, and with their settings? Some internet service providers in some countries insist that users only use the provided modem, and even lock some settings.  What brand/model modem do you have?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

quaylet

« Reply #2 on: 15:49:04 | 29 December, 2018 »
Thank you so much for your reply Dogmatix.  The router is a Sky Q Hub.

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: 06:17:36 | 30 December, 2018 »
I'm afraid that I am not familiar with Sky routers. I do not know which settings you can set, and which ones Sky have made user un-settable. Did you get this router from your new provider, or is it the same one as before?

It may be that your radios de not like the security setting. WPA2 should work; that is what my modem/router (an AVM Fritz!Box - a popular brand here in Germany) is set to, and my Sangean WFR-29C is happy with that.

Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

quaylet

« Reply #4 on: 13:54:58 | 30 December, 2018 »
Thank you once again Dogmatix for taking the trouble to reply. After your suggestion that it might be the router I contacted my ISP. They were very helpful indeed and connections successful after setting up a second WiFi channel dedicated to the 5Ghz frequency. Your help greatly appreciated!