Author Topic: Windows Desktop controller for FS devices  (Read 547 times)

Astur

Windows Desktop controller for FS devices
« on: 10:35:33 | 23 December, 2018 »
Since I switched from my old Logitech Squeezebox to my new Amico, I was missing a Windows application that was able of controlling my device and selecting any of my favorite stations with a simple mouse clic.
Browsing the internet I was able to find a very interesting and friendly app named FSRadio-Remote, that you can download from the following URL: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-remote/
I hope you'll find it as useful as I did.
Cheers,

Astur

Re: Windows Desktop controller for FS devices
« Reply #1 on: 08:59:46 | 26 December, 2018 »
I have found another interesting (and free) Windows app named "RadioRemote" to control FS devices at the Microsoft Sore. Have a look at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/radioremote/9nblggh4qp9q?=&=&=&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab%7Cpivot%3Aoverviewtab

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 16:13:01 | 26 December, 2018 »
Big mistake to switch from Squeezebox.  You can link the FS device to LMS using the UPNP bridge plugin.  Easy to control from a PC - and you'd get all the Squeezebox goodness.

I have a Roberts S1 speaker set up this way - sound great and a helluva lot more versatile than using the dreadful Undok app on a smartphone or the clunky fs-remote program.
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: 01:29:49 | 27 December, 2018 »
I had a quick look at "FSRadio-Remote" - it could not find any of my FS-based radios, neither Hamas nor Roberts nor Technisat. I entered the IP manually for one of the Hamas, and it worked, thought slowly and occasionally getting stuck. It also numbers the presets from 0 instead of from 1, thus showing each preset number minus one, and did not show all the 'added stations', dropping the last six or seven. I can't recommend it as it is.

I'll give the second program a spin later.

Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.