Author Topic: Salem Communications, KSKY to provide MP3 Stream!  (Read 2689 times)

Bludger11

Salem Communications, KSKY to provide MP3 Stream!
« on: 16:45:08 | 07 August, 2012 »
On 9/1/12 Salem Communicationps expects to begin providing an MP3 stream for KSKY, Dallas, TX, according to Rodney Whitaker, Director of Digital Media. The welcome news came in response to my inquiry earlier today in which I expressed dismay over not being able to receive the station on my Sangean and Logitech Squeezebox radios. Mr. Whitaker stated that Salem is committed to bringing its programming to as many people as feasible. While Salem intends to promote the use of its AAC+ streams and phone apps, he said the company was aware of the impact on internet-only radios to receive it. I hope you will join me in thanking Salem for keeping ALL constituents in mind across the country!

castalla

• Administrator
Re: Salem Communications, KSKY to provide MP3 Stream!
« Reply #1 on: 17:53:58 | 07 August, 2012 »
I can hardly wait .... NOT!
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com

Audion

• Audiocentric
« Reply #2 on: 12:32:38 | 05 September, 2012 »
...Rodney Whitaker stated that Salem is committed to bringing its programming to as many people as feasible. While Salem intends to promote the use of its AAC+ streams and phone apps, he said the company was aware of the impact on internet-only radios to receive it. I hope you will join me in thanking Salem for keeping ALL constituents in mind across the country!
So will Reciva/some radio vendors be picking up the Salem iHeart streams now that the MP3s all seem to have gone dead yesterday (despite Reciva's 'self-test' showing all is well?)?
« Last Edit: 12:35:56 | 05 September, 2012 by Audion »
2 GDI-IRA500s (Grace Solo) ► GDI-IRMS300 (Grace Microsystem) ► GDI-IRDT200 (Grace v257 Tuner) ►  GDI-IRDT200 (Grace v266 Tuner) ► Vtech IS9181 ► CCrane WiFi Internet Radio

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #3 on: 12:47:04 | 05 September, 2012 »
I'd like to see Castalla take on that project.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

castalla

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 12:48:19 | 05 September, 2012 »
Don't be so cheeky  :-* :-* :-*
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com

wdgerber

« Reply #5 on: 07:34:05 | 06 September, 2012 »
Salem Communications has now changed its provider from LiquidCompass to StreamTheWorld and it seems they offer now MP3 streams too. At least for KSKY-AM a MP3 stream is available now. I have updated the entry in Reciva's database.
Radios: Hama Internetradio (Legacy), Technisat Digitradio 1100 IR (Frontier with DAB+)

anything