Author Topic: Patchserver error 302 ?  (Read 4694 times)

TheZoid

Patchserver error 302 ?
« on: 13:48:49 | 12 March, 2013 »
Hi all

I'm trying to install sharpfin but struggling to get the patchserver to run.  When I run patchserver-launcher (0.7rc3) after accepting the T&C's I get 'Server www.pschmidt.it responded with error 302'  Can anybody give me a clue as to what this means ?

I am running patchserver on an XP machine having installed cygwin.  Patchserver could'nt find cygwin1.dll at first even after putting acygwin in the path, in the end I copied cygwin1.dll into the patshserver folder - that worked for some reason !

I have disabled the windows PC firewall and my router firewall and don't have any funny apps like Skype running ?

I've also had a play with the patchserver-commandline but couldn't get far with that either ?

(Please bear with me I'm a hardware engineer and not a programmer !, I've successfully fixed a couple of Intempo GX-01 hardware faults but I'm now struggling to fix their software !)

Chris

Dogmatix

Re: Patchserver error 302 ?
« Reply #1 on: 15:58:48 | 12 March, 2013 »
Trying to remember... wasn't there something about keeping all the patchserver and patch files in the same directory as cygwin?
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

drgeoff

« Reply #2 on: 08:15:42 | 13 March, 2013 »
I've never used any Windows tools when installing Sharpfin so don't have first hand experience with cygwin etc.  But two things come to mind:

1.  Did you heed the advice at http://www.sharpfin.org/index.php?title=Enabling_Login namely:

"Do NOT install the patchserver into a directory containing spaces. With Windows XP, the desktop is in a subdirectory which contains spaces, unlike the video example which was run on Vista."

and

"IMPORTANT XP please read: The directory paths for both Patchserver and Patchfiles must have NO spaces. It would appear wise to also install cgywin in a directory without spaces. All seem to have fewer problems if installed on C:\ rather than any other drive label. In addition, whilst the Windows Firewall may have "allowed" the applications, it can cause issues, so one might consider turning off the Firewall for the duration of a patching operation."

2.  AFAIK, the Sharpfin install uses only files that you should have already downloaded to your computer.  Therefore I am puzzled why you are getting an error message which implies that an access to www.pschmidt.it has been attempted.  I do realise that pschmidt now 'looks after' the Sharpfin web pages.
« Last Edit: 08:30:13 | 13 March, 2013 by drgeoff »

TheZoid

« Reply #3 on: 13:44:19 | 14 March, 2013 »
thanks for the feedback from dogmatix and drgeoff

I've tried copying all the patchserver files into the c:\cygwin directory (no spaces !) and still get the same error.

Patchserver-launcher does seem to be trying to 'go' to www.pschmidt.it for a list of patches which as you suggest is a bit strange as the sharpfin-test.patch is in the directory, there's no need to go to the web for it ?

I'm having a similar problem with patchserver-commandline, it wants the URL of the patchfile ?, I entered 'www.pschmidt.it /sharpfin/patchfiles.lst 80' (the contents of the file 'patchfiles'.
The radio is correctly spoofed by the patchserver when doing an update but patchserver reports unable to open www.pschmidt.it /sharpfin/patchfiles.lst !

I then tried entering the path to the file in the cygwin directory, that did something - the radio showed upgrading but did not display any test message and then rebooted ?

I have attached an image of the output from patchserver (it won't cut and paste).

Chris

TheZoid

« Reply #4 on: 13:48:29 | 14 March, 2013 »
Whoops - the image is unreadable !

Can I add it as an attachment ?

drgeoff

« Reply #5 on: 06:09:44 | 15 March, 2013 »
Suggest trying an older version such as Windows Patch Server (alpha test version 0.5, 7 Oct 2007) from http://www.sharpfin.org/index.php?title=Releases#Patchserver.

Mac

« Reply #6 on: 08:33:56 | 10 August, 2014 »
Hi,

this is an HTTP status code: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_302
When the tool requests www.pschmidt.it/sharpfin/patchfiles.lst the webserver redirects this request to http://www.sharpfin.org/patchfiles.lst. So the solution is to simply replace the URL in patchfiles.lst.
New content of patchfiles.lst:
Code: [Select]
www.sharpfin.org /patchfiles.lst 80
Bye,
Mac

kommando

« Reply #7 on: 04:35:45 | 19 July, 2015 »
I had this 302 error, changing patchfiles.lst to the new url did not work as then patchfiles.lst was reported as being empty, what did work was adding the new url as the first line and keeping the old url as the second line using Notepad.

So it now reads

www.sharpfin.org /patchfiles.lst 80
www.pschmidt.it /sharpfin/patchfiles.lst 80

I dumped all the contents of the radiopatch folders into the c:/cygwin folder and copied the cygwin1.dll from c:/cygwin/bin into c:/cygwin to stop patchserver launcher reporting cygwin1.dll as not being present on the computer. 

I now have a patched and working Tevion 5404

anything