Author Topic: Rotel RCX-1500  (Read 2508 times)

acanadian

Rotel RCX-1500
« on: 13:19:29 | 14 January, 2013 »
Hello Everyone,

I am the owner of a Rotel RCX-1500.  All the functions of the receiver work fantastic, except for one.  I cannot control the receiver from a UPNP application.  I've tried several. PlugPlayer and 2Player for Andriod and eezUPnP for windows.  All the programs are able to see that I have upnp renderer on the network, however they all time out when attempting to connect.  The receiver is currently connected with the ethernet dongle and is getting an ip address from my DHCP server.  I've also tried assigning a static ip address. That didn't work either.

What I would like to know is what the networking requirements are to make this work.  I have not been able to find any official documentation on this topic and it is very frustrating.  Most likely because it is just supposed to work. That is both the beauty and pain of UPNP.

I've also registered my receiver with reciva.com. 

Can anyone help?

drgeoff

Re: Rotel RCX-1500
« Reply #1 on: 14:37:20 | 14 January, 2013 »

acanadian

« Reply #2 on: 14:39:55 | 14 January, 2013 »
I've tried reaching out to them to find information but they move really slow.  Was hoping someone here may have gone through a similar experience.

Translatius

« Reply #3 on: 14:50:30 | 14 January, 2013 »
I've tried reaching out to them to find information but they move really slow.  Was hoping someone here may have gone through a similar experience.

Is this of any help: http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=614.msg6921#msg6921 ?
Tangent Quattro MKII
The Reciva wiki provides valuable information on Reciva-based radios.

acanadian

« Reply #4 on: 15:03:41 | 14 January, 2013 »
I did see that post, that solution uses the com port on the back of the receiver.   Something I might have to look at if I cannot get the LAN based UPNP Rendering features working.

acanadian

« Reply #5 on: 09:01:51 | 16 January, 2013 »
Well everyone.... I've resolved the issue.  It had nothing to do with the receiver and everything to do with my network.  More specifically the router.  I was using an ActionTec V1000H that was provided by my ISP.  It appeared to have all the necessary functionality. However, it apparently could not route the UPNP correctly.  When I placed a DLINK DIR-655 in front of it and on it's own sub network by connecting the WAN port on the DLINK to one of the regular ports on the ActionTec everything started working.

Hopefully this journey of mine will be helpful to someone else.