Author Topic: THIS IS IMPORTANT >>>  (Read 20517 times)

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
THIS IS IMPORTANT >>>
« on: 07:02:12 | 24 June, 2014 »
Okay guys.

Now looky here:

https://radios.reciva.com/

Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
Re: THIS IS IMPORTANT >>>
« Reply #1 on: 07:30:33 | 24 June, 2014 »
My, my.  I guess this forum becomes a double refuge.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 08:11:01 | 24 June, 2014 »
I've asked @CSR_plc (via Twitter) if the take-over of Reciva will have any implications for Reciva radios and the Reciva portal.

daddypete

« Reply #3 on: 08:24:17 | 24 June, 2014 »
We can only wait and see. Peter.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 08:29:04 | 24 June, 2014 »
Grace Digital foretells of great expectations in 2015 but no effect on current products.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 08:38:51 | 24 June, 2014 »
I hope that the non-Reciva station maintainers who have been so helpful here continue to have the ability to add/change stations.

Pablo

« Reply #6 on: 08:59:25 | 24 June, 2014 »
Ditto... as of now I cannot add/delete Favorite Stations....  that is not as important however as the existing database of stations which if lost would render my receiver useless.

Alan E Hill

• Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
« Reply #7 on: 08:59:32 | 24 June, 2014 »
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 09:06:32 | 24 June, 2014 »
Grace radio owners can access the usual features through Grace's portal:  http://myradio.gracedigital.com/index.php?rt=stream/manage  Not sure what owners of other non-Grace Reciva radios can do.   Hopefully other brands have maintained their own portals.

wdgerber

« Reply #9 on: 09:53:11 | 24 June, 2014 »
I am not a Grace user - I own radios of a brand (Avox) which do not provide own sites for radio and station management.
But it seems that the Grace site is a mirror of the Reciva site. I am able to login at grace.reciva.com with my Reciva login data.
Also I am able to maintain "My Stations" and "My Streams" using "Manage My Stuff".
At this moment I am still a registered stations maintainer with the same rights like at reciva.com.
Radios: Hama Internetradio (Legacy), Technisat Digitradio 1100 IR (Frontier with DAB+)

Pablo

« Reply #10 on: 10:09:21 | 24 June, 2014 »
Thank you wdgerber.  I have a Reciva based  Sangean WFR-20 which as far as I know does not have a portal to the station database.  However I too was able to access my Reciva account via the Grace portal.

Paul Webster

« Reply #11 on: 10:46:29 | 24 June, 2014 »
There is a statement from CSR today - and acquisition of  Reciva assets and staff is listed at the end
http://www.csr.com/sites/default/files/result-presentations/results/pdf/csr_capital_markets_day_2014_rns_final_0.pdf
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

drgeoff

« Reply #12 on: 10:59:35 | 24 June, 2014 »
There is a statement from CSR today - and acquisition of  Reciva assets and staff is listed at the end
http://www.csr.com/sites/default/files/result-presentations/results/pdf/csr_capital_markets_day_2014_rns_final_0.pdf
I take the mention of the existing 200,000 subscribers as a positive sign that no decision has been taken to abandon the existing radios.

In the longer term this acquisition could turn out to be good or bad.  The availability of capital (CSR are not short of a bob or two) could allow things to happen which Reciva were not able to finance.  On the other hand, if CSR find that they cannot make money from the internet radio business I doubt they would have any qualms about closing it down.

zeewier

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 11:10:39 | 24 June, 2014 »
I received a reassuring email from Avox who have been assured that the business will continue and that CSReciva will continue to develop and expand the platform. Avox notes that CSR would not have bought Reciva if they did not see a future for Reciva.
« Last Edit: 11:14:18 | 24 June, 2014 by zeewier »

drgeoff

« Reply #14 on: 11:23:29 | 24 June, 2014 »
But what is the sense in 'hijacking' reciva.com and having only that 'amateurish' link to csr.  I could understand if there was a "Continue to Reciva pages" button of some sort.

anything