Author Topic: RECIVA / CSR news?  (Read 11403 times)

Paul Webster

Re: RECIVA / CSR news?
« Reply #15 on: 10:25:32 | 15 October, 2014 »
Qualcomm do have something in this area.
So I could imagine that they might see this as a way to get AllPlay into some devices.
However, they also list TuneIn as a partner but not clear if that means  the TuneIn lient would be able to play to an AllPlay device of if the TuneIn radio station database would be magically available to all AllPlay devices (I suspect the former).

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/allplay
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Chomas

« Reply #16 on: 05:55:38 | 20 October, 2014 »
I've hope, Reciva project will be still alive. :/
Radios: LOGIK IR 100,  LENCO IR 1650 (Is dead), LENCO IR 2100B, LENCO IR 3000, LENCO IR 2002.
------------------
FB FANS SITE: Logik  ir 100

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
« Reply #17 on: 04:24:24 | 12 November, 2014 »
We apologise for the brief interruption to the Reciva website and hope that it didn’t cause too much inconvenience. Reciva has been acquired by CSR plc. The great news is that at CSR, the Reciva engineers are part of a big team, all working to develop exciting new audio streaming products that will incorporate both the Reciva technology and all the new stuff they have been working on. We are looking forward to telling you about our fantastic new products in the coming months

Okay @BenTerrell.

Time to tell us about your fantastic new products?

What with news from the BBC and lack of news from CSR/Qualcomm we're starting to feel a little bit abandoned.
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

Ben H

« Reply #18 on: 08:35:32 | 12 November, 2014 »
I wondered if this deal was going to go through, now the Obama Administration has cracked down on tax inversion deals. I'd always assumed that's what this was, at the heart of it. Closer to home for me, two of the huge Pharma deals, AbbVie & Pfizer buying into Shire & Astra respectively, have been scuppered in the last month. Different scale, as those two are in the fifty billion plus (and at that sum, who cares if that's US$, GB£, or EU€... ) while CSR hits a billion £ or so. Small beer. Pocket money.

I guess, at some point, these radios must/will retire to the nethersphere. My cheapies, a Tevion (cost £30), a Logik IR100 (cost £19) and a MOS150 (cost £15) have served well over the last six or seven years at least. I'm still up for purchases, adding a DNT IPdio Tune only a few months ago. I don't think I'd invest heavily in a high-end IR alone; it'd have to have other functionality, like a surround-sound receiver that'd offer life after radio-death.

I do like my ageing technology, though. This favoured computer is nearly 10 years old (an Evesham Technology buy from 2005). Still works, slow compared with newer ones, but at least I know where the cat fluff and dust lurks inside, and know how to clean it up.

But, yes, Ben T, do tell. Promise we won't let anyone out there know... :o
Radios: Reciva - Logik IR100, dnt IPdio Tune, Tevion: SkyTC - Disgo & Xenta: vTuner - Freeview MusicPal & Pioneer VSX-923: Frontier - Clarus MusicBox, Oxx Classic V, Sandstrøm SDABXIR13:  Logitech Squeezebox Touch/Radio: Roku

Crystalset

« Reply #19 on: 15:01:30 | 12 November, 2014 »
http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=1745.0

If I've read the above thread correctly BBC stations will not be available next year; if
this is true I do not see how a retailer can sell a Reciva based radio without first warning the potential customer of the item's limitations.
« Last Edit: 15:03:41 | 12 November, 2014 by Crystalset »

shuttleman58

• Technology Trends Columnist - CQ Magazine
  • The future of communications
« Reply #20 on: 21:51:59 | 12 November, 2014 »
http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=1745.0

If I've read the above thread correctly BBC stations will not be available next year; if
this is true I do not see how a retailer can sell a Reciva based radio without first warning the potential customer of the item's limitations.

BBC stations will be available, just not in Windows Media formats. They will continue to be available in AAC or MP3. How long MP3 will continue we don't know. "On Demand" podcasts may not continue.
- Rob the Shuttleman
Grace Mondo GDI-IRC6000R (x2); Roku (with 28 radio apps and counting); Grace and Reciva Android apps; Yamaha RX-V473 (vTuner); Logitech UE Smart Radio; Android phone with 20 radio apps so far

Crystalset

« Reply #21 on: 14:19:48 | 13 November, 2014 »
Thank you for that info. There is some mention of BBC & Shoutcast providing stations for internet radios (for a couple of years), that's what confuses me. I can get Shoutcast on Logitech Squeezebox Radio but not on Roberts WM201 (Reciva).

shuttleman58

• Technology Trends Columnist - CQ Magazine
  • The future of communications
« Reply #22 on: 13:55:02 | 18 November, 2014 »
Thank you for that info. There is some mention of BBC & Shoutcast providing stations for internet radios (for a couple of years), that's what confuses me. I can get Shoutcast on Logitech Squeezebox Radio but not on Roberts WM201 (Reciva).
Crystalset: BBC is the source. They will make the stations available in MP3 and AAC formats. Your Reciva based radio probably gets many stations available via Shoutcast. Shoutcast is both a distributor and a directory but not the source. Some devices can read the entire Shoutcast directory but most (all?) Reciva devices do not and not all formats used by stations on Shoutcast will play on Reciva devices. Instead, the url of the Shoutcast feed may have been added to the Reciva database. It just isn't obvious to you that Shoutcast does the distribution since the station is labeled with the source name as it should be. If you Google Shoutcast or "shoutcast reciva" you'll find info that will help you with this.
- Rob the Shuttleman
Grace Mondo GDI-IRC6000R (x2); Roku (with 28 radio apps and counting); Grace and Reciva Android apps; Yamaha RX-V473 (vTuner); Logitech UE Smart Radio; Android phone with 20 radio apps so far

Crystalset

« Reply #23 on: 16:01:25 | 18 November, 2014 »
Thank you. I had intended to try Shoutcast urls on MyStreams but did not get round to it. I'm only an occasional user of podcasts & On Demand but as most times they are BBC R 3 programs & I have the  WM201 connected to a Yamaha amp & speakers, so it would be a disappointment if this facility were no longer available.