Author Topic: Trying to patch Logik IR100  (Read 2504 times)

richardc1983

Trying to patch Logik IR100
« on: 12:05:23 | 08 July, 2014 »
I followed the post at http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=193.0 and watched the videos in the wiki. Tried both versions of the patchserver from 2007 and 2012 but they both come up with an error. The 2012 version says I havent installed cygwin.dll but I have installed it numerous times.

The 2007 version of patchserver will ask me to select the patch file but neither the test or the main file work it just says an error has occurred in the program and to click to exit.

Most frustrating :( as was looking forward to installing the feature pack to get the remote control through my computer etc.

Hope someone can help me here although it doesn't look like people are very active in this area now.

Regards
Richard.

Dogmatix

Re: Trying to patch Logik IR100
« Reply #1 on: 12:17:13 | 08 July, 2014 »
I seem to recall - dimly - something about the patch files having to be in the same folder as cygwin.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

richardc1983

« Reply #2 on: 12:26:28 | 08 July, 2014 »
Tried that tried it in out and shaked it all about, no luck at all :(

drgeoff

« Reply #3 on: 13:12:40 | 08 July, 2014 »
I always use Linux when going under the hood of a Reciva radio so haven't experienced any issues with patching using a Windows PC.  http://www.sharpfin.org/index.php?title=Enabling_Login does contain:

"IMPORTANT XP please read: The directory paths for both Patchserver and Patchfiles must have NO spaces. It would appear wise to also install cgywin in a directory without spaces. All seem to have fewer problems if installed on C:\ rather than any other drive label. In addition, whilst the Windows Firewall may have "allowed" the applications, it can cause issues, so one might consider turning off the Firewall for the duration of a patching operation."

I don't know if all those warnings can be disregarded for versions of Windows other than XP.  Also I don't know if there are any issues with 64 bit Windows.

richardc1983

« Reply #4 on: 13:22:43 | 08 July, 2014 »
It's 64 bit windows 7 I am using so downloaded the applicable version.

Tried copying it directly to C: drive directly so it was all in the same place.

kommando

« Reply #5 on: 04:40:04 | 19 July, 2015 »
I know this post is old but it did help me get part of the way, I also did the following

I dumped all the contents of the radiopatch folders into the c:/cygwin folder and copied the cygwin1.dll from c:/cygwin/bin into c:/cygwin to stop patchserver launcher reporting cygwin1.dll as not being present on the computer. 

I then had this 302 error which is where the patchfiles.lst url is out of date, changing patchfiles.lst to the new url did not work as then patchfiles.lst was reported as being empty, what did work was adding the new url as the first line and keeping the old url as the second line using Notepad.

So it now reads

www.sharpfin.org /patchfiles.lst 80
www.pschmidt.it /sharpfin/patchfiles.lst 80

I now have a patched and working Tevion 5404

anything