Author Topic: Updated firmware morphy richards  (Read 3315 times)

IePaul

Updated firmware morphy richards
« on: 03:08:48 | 21 February, 2015 »
hi

Where can I get an updated firmware as the sharpfin interface can no longer find updates?

drgeoff

Re: Updated firmware morphy richards
« Reply #1 on: 03:30:46 | 21 February, 2015 »
Short of the "not for the faint hearted" JTAG procedure, using the radio either directly or with extra Sharpfin trickery to access the Reciva server is the only way to load firmware.

Perhaps the change of server discussed at http://recivarefuge.net/forum/index.php?topic=941.0 is affecting you.

Between typing that last sentence and this one I have successfully used the Sharpfin interface to download the patch and text files for v257-a-865-a-476.

Dogmatix

« Reply #2 on: 03:35:04 | 21 February, 2015 »
The most up-to-date firmware is v257-a-865-a-476, also known as the 'beta' firmware, also know as the 'legacy enhanced' firmware.

If you have set up an account on the Reciva website, and registered your radio, you can request a download on the settings page on the website by clicking where it says 'Disabled' for the legacy enhanced frrmware. This submits a ticket to Reciva, and after a day or two you get an email to confirm the firmware enablement. Then you just ask your radio to look for an update.

Note that this will not activate the recording feature that was once advertised for this model. and you'll have to reinstall Sharpfin, if desired.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

drgeoff

« Reply #3 on: 03:48:53 | 21 February, 2015 »
And if your quest for updated firmware is an attempt to make the radio receive the new BBC HLS wrapped AAC streams you are wasting your time.  :(

IePaul

« Reply #4 on: 03:56:47 | 21 February, 2015 »
I got a new sky router and the radio gives the error network not supported. If I set it to wpa then it's fine. When I set it to wpa/wpa2 it doesn't connect

drgeoff

« Reply #5 on: 06:26:49 | 21 February, 2015 »
What firmware is currently on the radio?

IePaul

« Reply #6 on: 10:43:31 | 22 February, 2015 »
I have run patchserver-commandline and given the file name c:\radiopatch\257-a-865-a-476.patch and then performed the firmware upgrade on the radio. the patch server shows the line transferring patchfile... OK and the radio reboots. But when it restarts it has the original version v257-a-232. I have also tried with 257-a-421-a-091.patch

drgeoff

« Reply #7 on: 11:18:38 | 22 February, 2015 »
The patch files are not firmware.  They are some form of instructions to the radio as to what to download from the Reciva server.  The radio needs to see a working connection to the net.  The radio will download about 15 Mbytes from Reciva and then flash it.

I've always used a Linux PC so am not familiar with the exact process and potential pitfalls using Windows.  Follow the instructions exactly.
« Last Edit: 11:21:25 | 22 February, 2015 by drgeoff »

IePaul

« Reply #8 on: 13:15:22 | 22 February, 2015 »
I downloaded the older version of patchserver and this worked perfect. The radio now connects to the wpa/wpa2 wireless network perfectly. Thanks for your help.