login

Author Topic: UK: Brand new M&S branded Magicbox Clarus Plus Internet/DAB/FM radio £45+P&P  (Read 3042 times)

talkingnews

Long-time forum user here who expired so re-registered. I'm about to sell some internet radio stuff including a used Oxx Digital, IR200s etc on ebay.

But I thought I'd list here cheaper first, as I won't be paying ebay the ridiculous 10%.

In this post:
The Magicbox Clarus Plus is an excellent DAB/FM/Internet portable mains powered radio.
Marks and Spencer did a "box rebrand" of this model, meaning that it is identical in all respects except the cardboard box it comes in, and also it's in a stylish glossy piano black instead of the tacky silver in the reviews below.

And, yes, it handles MP3 streams, and BBC Streams and Listen Again still work just fine on it. That's not guaranteed forever of course as we all know, but you're basically getting the internet radio bit for free on top of a really good stereo DAB / FM radio.

I have two here in use for myself, and four boxed, sealed, unopened units for sale.

Just look at these Amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magic-Clarus-WiFi-Internet-radio/dp/B001CC2DS2#customerReviews

Check out the Camelizer - it never got below £75 on Amazon.

Here's a review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzNUe-fcGo

You can have them for what I paid, which is £45 each, plus Hermes Economy 3 day recorded delivery of £5.
(If you're desperate, I can use Royal Mail 24 hour, but it'll cost you an outrageous £13.50!)

If you want more than one, it'll just be another £2.50 additional postage for each one (plus the £45 of course!).

These will be going on ebay for buy it now price of £55 plus postage in a couple of days if you lot haven't snapped them up!
Have a look at previous ebay sales - these go for this price USED!

SUMMARY:

* BRAND NEW, SEALED
* UK ONLY
* STEREO SPEAKERS
* MAINS POWERED
* NOT REMOTE CONTROL

(Will accepts returns within 3 months provided it's not a user damage problem, and that the radio with the same box and serial I posted, comes back!)

Happy to accept Paypal. PM me for more details, and if anyone wants, I'm happy to make a video to prove the BBC streams work.

[attachment deleted by admin]

castalla

• Administrator
You'll have to demonstrate that BBC listen again streams are working, I think.
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

talkingnews

You'll have to demonstrate that BBC listen again streams are working, I think.

The "live" streams I was talking about - eg, BBC local radio, Radio 4 extra as well as most podcasts continue to work. Please see this video for a rough and ready recording of the unit, recorded today (09/03/2015):

http://youtu.be/xwUenG93gPE

In common with other internet radios, the "listen again" streams as provided with the radio won't work until the manufacturer provides an update, and you should work on the assumption that is isn't guaranteed to happen. Which is why it's priced as a DAB/FM radio with the internet part as a nice bonus :)

castalla

• Administrator
Thanks for the clarification.

I was just concerned that some might have misread and thought listen again was working
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

anything