Author Topic: list of all options  (Read 1921 times)

EastEriq

list of all options
« on: 15:13:41 | 22 November, 2015 »
Now this might be a little meek, but since I haven't seen it elsewhere I thought it would be nice to share. Here is a list of all Option: keys and values which I have found across all /root/hwconfig/*.txt files on my radio (again, 257-a-865-a-197-a-002).

The long list of 471 keys surely contains ones which has no sense to tamper with across models, such as pin assignments or drivers for particular hardware. Nor of course, I guess, there is any statement about conflicting, bugged or no more supported options (at the time of the release).

I obtained it with
Code: [Select]
mount / -orw,remount; cat /root/hwconfig/*.txt > /tmp/allconfig.txtthen transferring the file to the host, and running on it the little python snippet attached.  FWIW... ???
Code: [Select]
#!/usr/bin/python
#  -*- mode: python; -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

f1=open('allconfig.txt','rU')

line="xxx"
optionlist=[]
optionvalues=[]
while len(line)>0:
    line=f1.readline()
    if line[0:7] == "Option:":
        option=f1.readline().strip()
        value=f1.readline().strip()
        if option in optionlist:
            i=optionlist.index(option)
            if value not in optionvalues[i]:
                optionvalues[i].append(value)
        else:
            optionlist.append(option)
            optionvalues.append([value])

optionreport=[]
for o in optionlist:
    opr= o +' : '
    ov=optionvalues[optionlist.index(o)]
    ov.sort()
    for v in ov:
        opr = opr + v + ' | '
    optionreport.append(opr[:-2])

optionreport.sort()   
for o in optionreport:
    print(o)

Dogmatix

Re: list of all options
« Reply #1 on: 22:28:29 | 22 November, 2015 »
Thanks for the list. I used to poke about in the configs and the ir file, looking for options, but did not have such a complete list as yours.

One thing this list, and the list of keymaps, show is the potential of the Reciva system, which was never fully realised by the industry. For example, I cannot recall even one Reciva-based radio with a CD drive. So many other possibilities have been ignored. I always found the number or presets offered on many models so meagre. The exception here was many of the King Champion models, which could cope with up to 99 presets - albeit with a cumbersome recall/storage method for preset 10 and above, and no list.

It would be so interesting to compare with the options available on Stingray boards and v266 firmware...  and even more interesting to be able to edit those configs...  especially so, as new v257 models are hard to find these days. Even the days of Stingrays are numbered, as apparently the processors on Reciva modules are getting hard to source.
« Last Edit: 22:33:48 | 22 November, 2015 by Dogmatix »
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

A. Black

« Reply #2 on: 13:15:21 | 23 November, 2015 »
I always found the number or presets offered on many models so meagre. The exception here was many of the King Champion models, which could cope with up to 99 presets - albeit with a cumbersome recall/storage method for preset 10 and above, and no list.

Slightly off topic but I have such a radio with 99 presets and one workaround for accessing presets 10-99 without having to press 4 keys is to get a programmable remote and then change it on the remote.  I did that on my One for All programmable remote and defined function keys for 10 and 20 such that pressing 20 followed by 3, say, tunes in the station assigned to preset 23.  That gives me 9 one press presets plus 20 two press presets.  The rest still take 4 presses but I can get by with 29 and if not there are still some unused keys I could use on the remote to add 30, etc.

EastEriq

« Reply #3 on: 12:46:17 | 24 November, 2015 »
For example, I cannot recall even one Reciva-based radio with a CD drive.
Easily found:

Speaking of technology, any idea about what-the-butt may media-player-in-ass be? [always on where it goes, ids 644, 650, 666, 697, 722]  8)

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: 22:24:58 | 24 November, 2015 »
Didn't know about the Sonneteer... interesting! As for the Tangent Sette, I had found the config for that one too, and asked Tangent about it at the Funkausstellung. It never got to market as a Reciva radio. Tangent decided to give up on internet radio at that time, so the project was not pursued. This is not the only example of a config-corpse - there are quite a few other HW-ID's and configs for experimental or proposed models that were never made, or didn't get beyond the prototype phase.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #5 on: 07:36:17 | 25 November, 2015 »
Speaking of technology, any idea about what-the-butt may media-player-in-ass be? [always on where it goes, ids 644, 650, 666, 697, 722]  8)

Unless you're a properly-licensed proctologist, I wouldn't mess with that.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

anything