Author Topic: due to rights restrictions this part of the programme is unavailable...  (Read 2363 times)

Lumi

Hi All, I'm new here and joined because I was listening to Radio 2 this lunchtime and got the above message in a loop. I'm in Italy and rely on the radio really heavily. During the week, I listen pretty much all day. I don't have a TV (who in their right mind would in Italy???) and I was bereft when Jezza Vine went off today. I've seen this problem mentioned before, when the Olympics was on and on R4, but never for no reason whatsoever like it did today! I either listen through iTunes, or through the radio iPlayer on the BBC site on my laptop. Neither worked. It wasn't off for that long and thankfully it's now back. Anyone have any real idea why this happens? Who can I have a rant at at the Beeb?

castalla

• Administrator
Re: due to rights restrictions this part of the programme is unavailable...
« Reply #1 on: 08:02:08 | 12 February, 2016 »
Who can I have a rant at at the Beeb?

You'd simply be wasting your time - all you'd get is a stock answer.

The reason why it happens is in the message - rights restrictions!
ARTICLE 50 - NOT IN MY NAME

The Resident Alien - http://residentalien.yolasite.com

Lumi

« Reply #2 on: 10:35:16 | 12 February, 2016 »
But why? It was just Jeremy's regular show. I've been listening to it for years and I've never heard this message! It's not like it was a clip from a TV show, or the Olympics or footie or anything. Just music and chat!

Paul Webster

« Reply #3 on: 11:39:18 | 12 February, 2016 »
Try the same show via BBC web site and see if you can get to the point where the announcement came ... and if you get it again then it would appear to have been intentional. Then make a note of how long into the show it was and someone in UK can listen to it at the same place and tell you what you missed.
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis

Alan E Hill

• Oh! That British Bloke ...
  • Administrator
  • That British Bloke ...
    • Oh! That British Bloke ...
« Reply #4 on: 14:04:03 | 12 February, 2016 »
There are workarounds, but I'm not certain what's best from Italy.

Google:

"UnoTelly"
"UnBlockUs"
"VPN"
Alan | That British Bloke Listening in Navarumsunk, NJ, USA, where all the women are strong, all the men good-looking, and all the children above average
Listening to LiquidLounge
Sangean WFR-20 / RCR-8 | Grace IR2600 | Alexa
dumnonia.us

Paul Webster

« Reply #5 on: 00:14:52 | 13 February, 2016 »
I just had a quick look at the synopsis ... and I saw that part of the programme was about 1966 World Cup ... so my guess is that is what lead to the rights restriction message. They probably played some commentary and, perhaps over zealously, decided that they were not covered to broadcast it outside UK. My guess is that the Germans are sick of hearing it anyway!
Reciva-based Logik IR100 and Tangent Quattro MKII plus lots of Logitech (ex-Slimdevices) Squeezebox and 2 old Turtlebeach Audiotron, handful of O2 Jogglers and some Raspberry Pis