Author Topic: WMFT Chicago Redux  (Read 993 times)

giles02134

WMFT Chicago Redux
« on: 15:33:39 | 09 June, 2016 »
Just over a year ago, I experienced issues with WFMT Chicago's AAC and MP3 streams. That issue resolved itself (there was something on the station's end), and things worked perfectly until about a month ago when the station migrated to a new server.

My radio (Tangent Quattro MKII) can receive the MP3 stream, but when attempting the AAC stream, it just cycles through "Connecting/Retrying". I can apparently receive the AAC stream through Safari by pasting the link from the Reciva site, but am unable to connect with the device.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Radio firmware is the latest available.

Dogmatix

Re: WMFT Chicago Redux
« Reply #1 on: 21:59:11 | 09 June, 2016 »
Perhaps they have "upgraded" to AAC+ V2, which older Reciva radios like yours cannot receive. Perhaps someone with a more recent Reciva radio (v266) could check reception? (Note: my FS-based radio gets the MP3 stream.)
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

zeewier

• Administrator
Re: WMFT Chicago Redux
« Reply #2 on: 03:15:54 | 10 June, 2016 »
I think Dogmatix may be right. The AAC+ stream plays fine on my Grand (v266 firmware).