Author Topic: WFMT Chicago new streaming services  (Read 1422 times)

giles02134

WFMT Chicago new streaming services
« on: 10:15:08 | 20 January, 2017 »
WFMT has apparently switched over to a new streaming provider. I can connect to the new streams directly from the Reciva page, as well as by plugging the URL into my web browser.

However, despite my having entered the new URLs into "My Streams", and updated them on my Reciva readiothey won't play on my Reciva radio. It just cycles back and forth with "Connecting/Retrying".

Any suggestions?

Larry2986

Re: WFMT Chicago new streaming services
« Reply #1 on: 02:21:03 | 24 January, 2017 »
Did you power cycle the radio?

When my radio does that or takes awhile to start to play...
With the radio on, I press the power button, leaving it pressed till it turns off/resets.

My Mondo with a battery I can't just unplug.
The Encore resets the same way. I think all Grace radios are that way.
« Last Edit: 02:31:23 | 24 January, 2017 by Larry2986 »
Grace Radios: Encore, two Mondos, and an Allegro

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #2 on: 05:22:36 | 24 January, 2017 »
In the USA, the AAC+ stream plays on my Grace mondo, but not the mp3 stream
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

dp

« Reply #3 on: 05:29:23 | 24 January, 2017 »
The MP3 stream looks like it's working now :)

Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: 05:31:05 | 24 January, 2017 »
Quote from: giles02134 on 20-01-2017, 19:15:08

WFMT has apparently switched over to a new streaming provider. I can connect to the new streams directly from the Reciva page, as well as by plugging the URL into my web browser.

However, despite my having entered the new URLs into "My Streams", and updated them on my Reciva readiothey won't play on my Reciva radio. It just cycles back and forth with "Connecting/Retrying".

Any suggestions?

On their website, under "Streaming Help" there is a sort of FAQ, with this helpful answer:

Q. Can I access the 98.7WFMT Broadcast Stream from my Wi-Fi or Internet Radio device?

A. Yes, the WFMT stream can be accessed through any device that accepts a broadcast internet stream. You many find that in programming your device, the device instruction manual refers to one of the many wifi/internet station aggregator websites (vTuner, Wifiradio-frontier, ect.).** However, these aggregators may not have the correct playlist for WFMT’s stream listed in their online directory. Below, find the correct playlist (.m3u) that can programmed directly into your device.

WFMT Live Stream

**Please note: WFMT does not control the playlists listed on third party websites. Any problems encountered when using these websites are the responsibility of the individual website and must be addressed by that website’s support resources.
Following the link, we find a streaming URL:

http://stream.wfmt.com/main

This works fine on Frontier as one of "My Added Stations". My radio does, however, report it as an AAC stream at 128kbps, which could be AACv1 or AACv2 or AAC+v2. If the latter, only recent model Reciva radios with firmware level starting "v266" can play it; Reciva radios with "v257" cannot. What is the brand/model of your radio, and what is its firmware level (a.k.a. service pack)?
« Last Edit: 05:34:54 | 24 January, 2017 by Dogmatix »
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #5 on: 05:36:02 | 24 January, 2017 »
The MP3 stream looks like it's working now :)

Yes.  Now both streams are working.  Thanks.
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps