Author Topic: Update info for Mondo Plus  (Read 3328 times)

highaltitudes

Re: Update info for Mondo Plus
« Reply #30 on: 15:51:57 | 26 February, 2018 »
Did an update go out today?  All the sudden, my Encore+ doesn't think I'm in the US and it won't connect to internet for the radio side but SiriusXM works like a charm... what the heck?

Solo2

• Administrator
  • On the internet, no one knows whose dog you are.
« Reply #31 on: 17:21:02 | 26 February, 2018 »
No updates since 146.81.  That sounds seriously screwed up.  Have you done a factory reset? (You'll have to re-do your presets, alarms, etc).
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 18:46:43 | 26 February, 2018 »
Did an update go out today?  All the sudden, my Encore+ doesn't think I'm in the US and it won't connect to internet for the radio side but SiriusXM works like a charm... what the heck?

Here's the response:

"That's weird. I question he can play Sirius and no other music.  Ask him to play a station out of the grace app then iheartradio app then Sirius..  in that order.

The not in the US message is a (stupid) error message that typically comes from the iheartradio app when internet is not connected ( so he shouldn't be able to play anything at all).

Or ask him if he is trying to play presets verses searching the database.  If a preset he saved is now a bad URL various error messages could be sent from the bad URL."
Radios:   Grace GDI-IRA500, 2 GDI-IRDT200s, GDI-IRMS300, Grace IRC6000W, Grace GDI-WHA6001, Grace and Reciva iradio apps

highaltitudes

« Reply #33 on: 18:53:22 | 26 February, 2018 »
Sirius would play, a link from history while the radio side said "no internet" which doesn't make sense.  The US error did come from the iHeartRadio side of things.  Since I was receiving internet on PC, phone and the Grace itself with Sirius, I knew the radio was screwy somehow.  Master power disconnect, let it sit, fired it back up.  While I still go the no internet message, EVERYTHING played.  Yikes.  My old Encore non + never had any issues.  Not that this is a deal breaker or anything, I do understand the thing is still on a shakedown cruise.

highaltitudes

« Reply #34 on: 15:57:43 | 27 February, 2018 »
Also 3 days in a row now, the Encore + and Mondo + have made me re-input my password for Sirius since the update/rollback.   >:(

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: 09:08:56 | 10 March, 2018 »
Another update:

Hello all,

Yesterday we release Version 146.84. This version finally fixes the no audio issue that a small percentage of you had, and doesn’t introduce additional major bugs like previous versions did to fix that issue.  It was a herculean task to fix that issue but the major part is behind us.  Now, finally time to go back and add some features and functionality. 

Regards,

Greg

highaltitudes

« Reply #36 on: 06:23:35 | 12 March, 2018 »
Now if they can get the Sirius portion working, nothing but problems.  One of the reasons I buy a Grace, for the SiriusXM, the radios Sirius sells are Sirius-ly poor quality. 

The main problem is that the radio stops playing Sirius and tells me that my account has been logged onto another device.  I've completely changed my username & password so there isn't a possibility that someone is using the account other than me.  Another problem is that it doesn't (half the time at least) update the internet radio version of SDS so you'll see the song/artist info.  It displays whatever you first come to when tuning in a Sirius channel but then hangs there and never changes again.   This happens both on my Mondo+ and Encore+. 

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: 08:43:28 | 12 March, 2018 »
What software version do you have?   

Also, per Greg Fadul  . . . "Also since he has a Mondo and encore he can’t play Sirius on them at the same time.  So if he leaves his mondo playing then a few hours later turns the encore on Sirius will send that message below to the mondo because only 1 radio can access the account at the same time. What station is having the metadata issue ? Wonder if he is on a news stations that shows station art not album art...So if he wants to play Sirius on both radios at the same time then he needs to use our multi-room feature."

highaltitudes

« Reply #38 on: 08:50:36 | 12 March, 2018 »
I have updates turned on so they'll automatically hit when Grace releases.  And nope, one radio at a time....  And it's Sirius with a metadata issue as well.  70% of what I listen to is on Sirius.  Not even the most annoying issue with these radios though, it's the CONSTANT re-entering Sirius credentials that makes it a grind.  Password/username not recognized, over and over and over.   Funny thing is, as soon as I re-enter everything, my history and favorites show as normal on Sirius.   ???   I'm on 146.84 and for some reason, the Mondo+ and Encore+ will NOT multi-room together.  If it can be done, I'd love to know how, it dies no matter which end I initiate with. 
« Last Edit: 16:52:53 | 12 March, 2018 by highaltitudes »

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 01:16:57 | 13 March, 2018 »
I think you need to get in touch with Grace themselves about all these issues.

highaltitudes

« Reply #40 on: 06:58:31 | 13 March, 2018 »
I may have a defective radio actually, it doesn't act like it should.  My old Encore & Mondo (non +) never did this.  I did try a master power reset  and the frequency of issues has declined a bit.  Not totally but, better.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: 08:59:11 | 13 March, 2018 »
Sounds like it.  Maybe Grace will swap it out.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: 15:38:31 | 18 April, 2018 »
Another update.  Adding "Sleep Sounds," Calm Radio, "guy screaming" alarm, etc. Fall asleep to the sound of a mountain stream, wake up to the sound of a guy screaming.

Hello everyone,

I’m pleased to announce our new software upgrade, version 146.91. It includes the following upgrades:

1.       Sleep sounds: Throw away that old Sleep Sound machine and enjoy over 50 sounds to fall asleep by. Fall asleep to a mountain stream, ocean surf, thunderstorm, tropical rain forest or one of multiple white noise sounds.

2.       Calm Radio: With over 250 HD music channels for relaxation and the largest online collection of classical channels in the world you can’t beat Calm Radio. To access Calm radio please register your radio on our portal www.myradiosplus.gracedigital.com and enter in your Calm Radio credentials. Calm Radio has both a free service and an awesome premium service (contact www.calmradio.com for pay service terms and conditions).

3.       Screen display idle time out: In the settings menu go to Display Settings to change the duration of the active backlight time from 10 to 120 seconds.  I personally like my display to dim so I use 10 seconds. However, if you like it to stay at your active display setting longer you can set it up to 2 minutes.

4.       New Alarm volume fade in:  You can set the alarm volume fade in time via the clock/alarm/snooze menu in the Radio Settings folder off the home screen.  It is settable from 10 – 60 seconds.  If you set your alarm volume real loud you may want to select 60 seconds fade in so that the volume ramps up gradually instead of startling you.    Please note that this menu option is in the main radio settings only, it is not in the individual Alarm menu on the home screen as this is a global alarm setting, not an individual alarm setting.

5.       New Alarm Buzzers: We added some fun new alarm buzzer sounds. We have alarms that sound like a car alarm, birds chirping, old fashion 1970 or 1980 alarm, even a guy screaming (this one is pretty fun… at least I think so J )  then of course you can wake up to any of your stations saved on one of your ten presets.

6.       Sleep timer message bug: There was an errant pop up when using the sleep timer, this has been fixed.

7.       Station retries: created more robust process to retry stations when there are network or radio station server issues / bandwidth limitations.

We are still dedicated to adding Amazon Music and Spotify Premium connect (over and above the current availability via Chromecast built-in), but currently no forecast on when that will be released to the radios, we also have a few more features and upgrades that we will be releasing next month.

ShortWave Dave

• Dave's Homemade Radios
« Reply #43 on: 16:26:12 | 18 April, 2018 »
Thanks for the update. I really like my Mondo Plus and Encore Plus.
While fiddling with the settings, I noticed there is a Multiroom choice on the menu. I wonder how long that has been there? It is nice to cast the audio to both of my radios. I wonder if they'll find a way to squirt the audio to my four Google Home devices? But what great devices these are. I am really chuffed.
Dave
Dave-N2DS, Google Home, Alexa, Mondo, Encore Plus.

Solo2

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 06:02:00 | 12 May, 2018 »
Another update:

Hello,

The new software release today, 146.93 has the following changes:

1)      Adds support for RTSP streams

2)      Adds a default Sleep timer bar setting. You can still change the sleep timer when activating it but this new setting is a global setting which changes the default sleep time for 1 press of the button.  Go into radio settings, select Alarm Clock and Time Options, Default sleep Time.

3)      Adds the ability to use the shift button to access presets 6-10 in various standby / sleep modes

4)      Adds the ability to long press the up/down arrows on the infra-red remote control to quickly scroll through various large list such as music folders on a thumb or media player drive.

5)      Fixes an iHeartRadio station artwork metadata bug that was introduced in the previous upgrade

a.       Note- if after the upgrade you are still seeing extra characters on the metadata line after playing an iHeartRadio station via a preset please resave the station by going into the iHeartRadio menu then selecting the station from the list then press and hold the preset. This will upgrade the preset to the new correct format. 

6)      Changed the order of the audio services in the list to the ones that are used most frequently (of course not everyone will like the order, sorry)

a.       Changed the name of this folder from Music Services to Audio Service since we have podcast, talk radio, sleep sounds etc in there.

7)      Added the ability to turn on/off the volume fade in feature

8)      Other slight UI modifications.

On a separate note some people have noticed that Pandora and iHeartRadio is not casting well. We have been notified that their latest apps have some bugs and Google has notified them to resolve the issues. Hopefully they will resolve them soon.

Have a great weekend.

Regards, Greg

anything