Author Topic: Sangean WFR 28 stuck in "waiting for pc wizard"  (Read 924 times)

4203radio

Sangean WFR 28 stuck in "waiting for pc wizard"
« on: 14:28:24 | 21 August, 2017 »
I have a Sangean WFR 28 that has been stored for a few years with batteries installed in it.  The batteries died, didn't leak, but the radio powers on as follows:

1.  "Sangean", "starting" and, a short bargraph progress indicator appear; then:

2.  "Waiting for PC Wizard" appears in the display.

None of the buttons, nor the dial, work.  A factory reset cannot be achieved without those buttons working.

Any ideas?

Thank You!

Dogmatix

Re: Sangean WFR 28 stuck in "waiting for pc wizard"
« Reply #1 on: 05:51:03 | 22 August, 2017 »
"PC Wizard"? Not "Network Wizard"?

Can you "see" your radio using the 'UNDOK' up when it is in this state?

You might also be able to "see" your radio on your network, by using its IP address as a URL in a browser on a PC/laptop/smartphone (on the same wifi, of course). To do that, you have to find its IP address, which, depending on what sort of router you have, there should be a way of listing all devices on your network with their IP adresses.

All this will only work if you radio has actually got as far as logging itself onto your wifi netork. (If I recall correctly, the WFR 28 does not have a wired LAN connector).
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i, Sangean WFR-29C, Technisat 450 & 520, Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3100.

4203radio

Re: Sangean WFR 28 stuck in "waiting for pc wizard"
« Reply #2 on: 13:19:53 | 22 August, 2017 »
It definitely is stuck on "pc wizard".  The radio has been stored for a couple of years and I have since changed my network.  I don't remember what the old network SSID was.  I may be able to packet sniff the wifi and see if the radio is even trying to communicate.