Author Topic: Scott DXi 50 WL  (Read 905 times)

Unicorn

Scott DXi 50 WL
« on: 06:30:31 | 09 October, 2017 »
Bought the Scott IR some time ago and all well. for several years.
Recently, serious problems (broken connections; cut-out while buffering, claims no internet connection when other devices are happy, etc.)
Can't find a reset button nor can I find http:/www.awox.com.scott which, in the manual, is the site from which updated firmware can be downloaded

Any thoughts?

Dogmatix

Re: Scott DXi 50 WL
« Reply #1 on: 07:44:43 | 09 October, 2017 »
A bit of googling would appear to indicate that AvoX (not to be confused with the defunct German internet radio brand Avox) does not support the Scott internet radios any more. The radio you have uses the vTuner database, but the instructions do not say anything about an internet portal. I'm afraid that you will probably not be able to fix or update your radio, unless you find someone who happes to have the firmware lying around.

Someone asked about updating the firmware for another Scott Avox radio here: https://getsatisfaction.com/awox/topics/firmware_for_scott_internet_radio_rxi400wl
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.

Unicorn

« Reply #2 on: 09:14:36 | 09 October, 2017 »
Thanks, Dogmatix, I suspected as much.
So it's a new purchase.  What's the latest that won't break the bank?

Dogmatix

« Reply #3 on: 11:01:17 | 09 October, 2017 »
What's the latest that won't break the bank?

Rather depends on where you are (Europe or Canada/US), what features you want (DAB? FM? Bluetooth? Spotify Connect? CD player? LAN? AuxIn? Speakers on the front or the side? Controls and display on top or the front?) and what your bank will bear before breaking.

If you are in Europe (still including UK), you might like to peruse offerings from Roberts Radio, Revo, Hama, Technisat to name but a few. They mostly offer Frontier-Silicon based radios. But if Frontier, make sure it's a relatively recent model that will play BBC DASH streams (needs firmware V2.10 or better). All current Roberts, Revo and Hama models tick that box.
Radios in use: Roberts Stream 93i & SB1 (×2),  Revo Pixis RX, Hama DIT2010, IR110 & DIR3500, Technisat 520, Sangean WFR-29C.